Seven Years seems like such a long time. But as I think back to the morning of September 11th 2001 it feels like it was just yesterday. The fires... the fear... the video feeds being played again and again... the frantic phone calls to try and find out if my roommates mother was indeed in the pentagon as she should have been... waking up the next day to an entirely changed world.
Do you remember how many flags there were after that day? Everywhere you looked. The thought gives me chills. Do you remember the prayers that were said for the victims and the families, and even the men who planned and carried out those horrible deeds? Do you remember how important family became after that day? Do you remember all the signs and billboards and bumper stickers with "United We Stand" printed on them? The way the National Anthem moved arenas full of people to tears.
I remember.
May the Lord bless this nation to stand up against evil a little longer. May He bless his people to be strong and unyielding. May He bless us with more compassion and gratitude for our freedoms and our way of life. May he give us peace and bind our still broken and scared hearts. May He again help us to reclaim the blessings that we have squandered. May He help us become the chosen people and generation that down deep we know we are. May He bless us with kindness and compassion for our neighbours, and may He bless us all with understanding and respect for the differences that make this world so fascinating, and her people so beautiful.
1 comment:
I know this is an older posting, but I just found your blog. You talk about remembering September 11th. Trust me, I do. I didn't wake up that morning to see pictures of planes and fires. The morning of September 11th, I was on an airplane. We got home from the airport in time to realize that we had barely reached our destination before all the planes in the country were grounded. It was an eerie feeling I won't ever forget.
-- Sarah Eden
Post a Comment