It finally feels like Christmas. As we all know - not being children takes a bit of the Magic out of this time of year, but this year I had been particularly devoid of the spirit of Christmas. I'm not sure why. I mean I always love going to Church and hearing the stories and I've felt very close to THE SPIRIT this year, but...I guess it always felt like the wonder of Christmas was different than being grateful for the reason we celebrate. I hope this is making sense even though I'm sure it doesn't, and I am also sure the Bishop will be calling me to repentance any time now.
Short story long - I finally feel like it's Christmas. We have had the tree up since before Thanksgiving,

and We have driven around to look at lights, and we have decorated the house. (I TOTALLY made this!!!)

We helped my sister and her family decorate their tree,

and took the kids to the light parade, (not the best shot of a float, but you get the idea...)

This one is MUCH better!! Aint they CUTE??!!!!

But My favorite thing and the thing that always make it FEEL Christmasy is when we go look at the Temple lights. Insert huge contented sigh right here....I love the Temple lights. Mesa does a beautiful display, and there is just something about being on the Temple grounds...It brings back good memories...it brings in good feelings...and looking at a manger scene on the Temple grounds...Wow!! You know? It's hundreds of thousands of little twinkle lights on hundreds of trees and bushes, and hundreds of man hours putting all of this together, and it is 1000% worth it!!!
I guess the point is that I am grateful for this season. I am grateful to have The Gospel in my life and a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father, and my Savior, I am grateful to feel their love in my life, and I am grateful for how a bunch or twinkle lights can bring the Christmas Spirit in so fully!!
And lets add another contented sigh here...
4 comments:
i am so gratful for YOU! you have an amazing spirt and i love getting to know you! merry christmas!!!
Add another contented sigh...and getting to watch "White Christmas" with all of you. That was so fun for me, I can't even begin to describe!! Glad you're feeling the Christmas Spirit!!
Adalyn is dancing to Taylor Swift and thinks that your niece in the pink jacket is HER!
We need to get to Mesa to see those lights! It is amazing!!!
Sarah how have you been? I have not seen you in ages! It looks like you are doing real well I hope to hear from you soon! TTYL Eljin
Post a Comment