Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh…Ah…Ouch!

I’ve started working out 3 times a week (if I don’t cancel) with Lisa and Dianna (If she’s not too busy or cool for us). Last night was the last day this week (YEAH!!!), and I am so sore this morning.

Now I know I’m a fat kid so I’m sure it’s really SHOCKING that I’m sore, but try to contain your laughter for a moment…actually I can’t hear you, so go ahead.

Anyway! I LOVE LOVE LOVE elliptical machines. I would seriously own one…if they weren’t like 2-3grand to do so. I could stay on one all day – I love them! Lisa hates them! She keeps telling me to get on a treadmill – that the impact makes your bones stronger. EH! I will worry about osteoporosis when I’m old – for now I just need to drop the lbs. I start out and do 20 minutes on the elliptical and then we go to crunches or weights or ballet moves.

That’s right – I said BALLET. Let me start by saying there is a reason chubby people don’t do ballet. I am example 1. Sad day for the world really.

She made me (YES! MADE ME!) do these squat things. They were not too bad but then we went down into a squat and then held it there until I almost screamed. We did 10 squat swoopy ski moves and then held it for as long as I could. THEN we did jumps. We started in first position (I think – it’s the one where your ankles are together and your toes are turned out towards your shoulders.) then you go down into a squat and then jump up land in first position again and then do it again and again and again until you fall down. I didn’t actually fall down – but I wanted to. Then we put our feet out to shoulder width and did the same kind of thing – squat down – jump up – cry – repeat. (Obviously I am not a great sport about this – she’s going to tell me off any day now I’m sure) then we did crunches on the big bouncy ball. And my favorite – STRETCHES!!! I love to stretch!! Mmm…it’s so nice to feel your body loosening up after a good workout. It’s like thanking it for working so hard for you…sigh. Love to stretch (OH!!! I found out the other day I can still do the splits!! So fun!! I haven’t tried in YEARS!!)!!

Short story long – I’m in a bit of pain today. My legs hurt – my stomach hurts – my feet hurt…I’m picked on. No actually I am grateful for the body the Lord has blessed me with (with all of its flaws and imperfections) and I am grateful Lisa (and sometimes Dianna - WINK) are willing to help me with this goal of mine. For those of you who don’t know My new goal for this year is 68lbs. This is a big number I know, but I know I can do it, and Lisa is determined to make me do it. lo - OUCH!

6 comments:

Diana said...

What-EVER!!! You are SO much cooler than me!
I just can't make it if Evan isn't around or able to watch the girls.
I am excited for you to reach your goal! I know you can do it and I am here to support you all the way!
Love YOU!!!

Erica said...

I have a love hate relationship with exercise too. I love how I feel and hate how I feel. I am SO proud of you. I know you can do it!
Love ya

Xazmin said...

HaHa! Made me laugh - I can SO relate! I wanted to drop by and thank you for commenting on our tutu and pixie wings giveaway on Tip Junkie.

p.s. Your blog is adorable!

Xazmin said...

Me again! I might have to start saying "oh my sake!" That cracks me up! LDS buttons are from http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

Sare said...

YEAH THANKS!!!

Jewel said...

Hahahaha...I totally loved this post. You're hilarious. And I'm sorry you're sore--but good for you on being able to do the splits still!! That's pretty amazing!! And even though being sore is so miserable, it's such a good feeling, isn't it? :)