My Sister called me yesterday - not unusual as we talk a lot - I had missed it but I had heard the little bladingding of the voice mail so I just called her right back. They had taken family pictures this weekend with her mother in law, so we discussed the drama, and then we talked about how cute her kids are, and how stupid my car is for breaking down again. Generally a really fun conversation laced with laughter and profanity (mine not hers - I do need to work on that! please hold your stones - as lower my eyes and shake my head).
THEN
She says that Cody (My Nephew who will be turning 8 NEXT WEEK) wants to ask Jeremy a question. I hand him the phone and since I think I know what is coming I don't walk away but instead hover just off his left shoulder - nice hu!?! Jeremy talked to him for a few minutes (TOTALLY hysterical to listen to a man who has never had nieces and nephews try to talk to kids....it's so funny! He even mouthed to me at one point that he doesn't know how to talk to kids...so funny!!!)
ANYWAY Cody has decided he wants to be Baptized!!!!! (HUGE GRIN!!!) I can't even explain the thrill to hear my sweet husband tell my adorable nephew that he would be honored to baptize him. Oh YES! I cried - and I'm crying now! I am so...happy!!! Just overjoyed!! I talked to him for a minute and asked him why he wanted to be baptized and he said because since they had started going back to church he really enjoys it. I asked if he liked to read the beeok we sent him, and he said he hasn't had time to read it much, but he likes it so far. I asked what he learned about in church last weeka nd he sadi the Angel Moroni, and I asked who that was, and he told me it was the angel that came to Joseph when he prayed for answers. We talked about Joseph Smith and the plates and he told me he believes Joseph Smith really was called as a prophet. This is just the BEST day!!
I talked to my sister and she said she would talk to the Bishop and the Primary Pres. and get everything set up so the next time we come home (to Utah that is) We can have him baptized!! I think we are going to go home for Easter, so I am pretty stinkin EXCITED!!!
I can't explain what I'm feeling right now. From the time I was 9yrs old I went ot church almost always alone. I got rides with neighbors or I got dropped off by my dad. I was 19 when I received my endowment and I asked my RS pres in my singles ward to be my escort, and my dad was waiting outside (mom had to work) for me. I was married almost 2 years ago and my best friend and her husband were my escort and my witness. My parents, and sisters met us in the waiting room. And then in the last two weeks I have had my sister in law talk to me about going through the Temple and being sealed to my brother and their babies, and even doing the work for her grandparents, and now my nephew is asking to be baptized. I have been praying for this for so long. I have fasted and taken it to the Temple. Put names on prayer rolls, and written letters I could never send. I am so...grateful. I am so grateful for the Lord blessing my family!!! I am so grateful for a husband who is wrthy to use the Lord's Priesthood to bless our family. I am so so...just so grateful for prayer. I am so grateful for the Temple, and for Baptizm.
I know this sounds very - yeah look at me and all my wonderfullnes, but i promise that is not it!!! I am just so excited and I had to share a tender mercy that the Lord has given me this week (more thn just me, but i'm the one typing)!! I am so happy I am a part of this Gospel and this Chruch. I love it! I JUST LOVE IT!!!!
8 comments:
Yay!!!! That is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all about the baptism! Hopefully you guys can get up there soon.
How wonderful!! What a neat experience that will be for all! I am thrilled for you and your hubby!(and all your family) Makes me cry!
This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you and your family! I also didn't realize you were such a newlywed!
You might have mentioned it before, but I get forgetful...give me a break, I have 4 kids!
Oh, and p.s. email me because I want to ask you about something - but not on a comment!
ribbonblossoms@aol.com
Sara that is so great!
What a fun call-so exciting!
Hey Lady! Thanks for all the prayers and such, I didn't know you were putting us on the Temple rolls, that is pretty sweet of you! I am pretty excited for Cody too. They were talking about it at Lindsey's party. He thought about having Adam baptize him, but Jeremy can do it all so probably best there! Adam is uncertain about the whole thing still too! LOL Anywho... I didn't know you were coming for Easter! YAY! You know we have a spare room right? You are sure welcome there! WE would love to have you stay with us! And the big scary dog is gone too! ;)
So glad so many great things are happening for your family!!!
Post a Comment