I'm working on my first commissioned cake tonight....I'm pretty stoked about this one actually!! I stole the idea from a book, and changed it to make it work for this even.t it's for a bridal shower of Jer's cousin's best friend's daughter...got that? yeah me neither. But her wedding colors are sunset colors, so I was going to do an orange fondant, and then yellow decorations and pink butterflies...well the orange frosting I made (you are supposed to frost the cake first then put the fondant on so it sticks better) looked so pretty I decided to skip the whole fondant thing. I really like the color!! I'm just waiting for the last cake to cool and then I can finish frosting and do all the piping and then I'll just put the butterflies on tomorrow when I get there...YEAH!! I'm really excited!! I hope this works!!!!!!!!!
Also at 2pm tomorrow (real time for all you who have to deal with daylight savings...) Jer is taking the 1st of 2 tests for his A+ certification. He's been working really hard for this, and He's so excited, but because he is human he is also a little nervous... and I am too. I know he will pass, but...it's so important to him...if you can would you mind sending out some happy thoughts to him...Happy thoughts are good...prayers are better :)
2 comments:
Ooh, I can't wait to see pictures of the cake!
Good luck to hubby...I will say a prayer for him!
Yeah, DYING to see the cake! PLEASE PLEASE post!
Post a Comment