Hi!! I'm BACK!! You didn't know I was gone did you?! Well after last few weeks of madness, and having Levi in the hospital, and me being so home sick recently, my sweet husband took me to Utah to visit my family. It as an insanely quick trip (IE Utah friends please don't be mad at me for not calling you to hang out!!).
We got home from work on Thursday night and did some tidying up of the house, and then took a nap, and left here about 9pm. We each drove half way and got to the Ronald McDonald House about 9 (we took a wrong turn...). We hung out with my sil and my brother and their daughters (ADORABLE - everyone has gotten SO BIG!) then went up to the Hospital with my brother. Jer couldn't come in, so he stayed in the hall and took a nap while I got to go see Levi. I didn't get to hold him because he was asleep for the first hour I was there and then they changed him bum and did all his "cares" and after he ate he went right back to sleep. You guys - he is SO beautiful!! I can't even tell you!!! The nurse kept saying how he was the cutest baby there, and how good he was. He has a ton of hair and he's just so adorable!!! sigh...
Then we went to my sisters house and hung out for a while then drove up to my parent's house where there was a water fight going on. YEP! So I spent about an hour avoiding water balloons and the hose and standing out in the weeds with an umbrella to ward off surprise attacks. We had dinner and then the fight started up again. I changed out of my new dress and got right in the middle of it. I think I held my own pretty well! It ended when people started losing limbs to the man eating mosquitoes of northern Utah. ew!
We drove back to my sister's house and talked for a while then went to bed. We woke up the next morning to our door opening just a crack and then closing. Its so funny when the kids do that. I went into their room and brought the two that were awake into or bed and we hung out with them till we heard Their mom and dad wake up too. We had breakfast and went to a parade and collected TONS of candy. I think they throw out WAY more now!! But it was cool cause we got a couple of bbq sauce packets out of the deal too...pretty amusing!!
The rest of the day was spent playing and hanging out with them until the FIREWORKS that night!! It was a really good show and we had a great time with almost the whole family there!!
We went to bed and then we got up EARLY to get on the road. We were on the road maybe a few hours when we got a text from my brother that Levi's heart murmur is GONE!!!! And that his aorta that they thought was narrowing off - ISN'T!!!! He might get to come home this week!!!!! I'm SO HAPPY!!!! it was pretty great news!!!
On the way home we stopped to get gas, and use the potty and Jeremy saw Cheese Curds... which I love... But he's never had... so we bought them... He was so cute!!! He didn't know their nickname was squeaky cheese so when he bit into one and it squeaked he broke out laughing (giggling)!!! It was pretty dang cute!!
So that was our weekend - How was yours???
5 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Love squeaky cheese!:-)
Came across your blog and I LOVE IT, so cute! Hope you don’t mind me following!! :)
So glad things are better. I text you last week and was worried since you never responded. I didn't know whether to call or not. Good to hear everything is goind so great.
SO glad you went! and that Levi is doing so well! Bummer that they didn't let Jeremy in. :-( I guess lots of prayers work when a blessing can't be given!
I didn't think about there being big celebrations for Pioneer Day going on up there. How fun to see your family and get to do the other fun stuff too!
Oh...we are so not talking now. ;)
I am so happy for little Levi, and for all of you who love him! That is the best news.
Also....love, love, LOVE squeaky cheese!
Post a Comment