It is SO not too early to be thinking about Halloween. It's not. And Xazmin is TOTALLY backing me up here!! YEAH!!!
And since Jeremy won't let me decorate our house until the end of September (RUDE!!) I'm decorating HERE!! WELCOME!!!
I walked into Michael's last week, and Halloween had taken over an entire corner of the store (yes, I think of Halloween as an entity - not a holiday). I won't lie - I got chills and was grinning like a 3 yr at the fair. JOY!!
Xaz had a good point. What to be for Halloween. Obviously I don't have 4 kids to worry about like she does, but I do have a husband...who would be a garden gnome every year if I let him. Okay that one is actually pretty funny...
Last year He was a Buddha, and I was the statue of Liberty. The year before I spent so much time on his Tooth fairy costume that I ended up being a mechanic...sad really, but he looked AMAZING!!
So...now what?? Lets talk - what have you done? What are you doing for the kids this year? I did an evil fairy once...I don't want to brag, but it was pretty freaking awesome!! My mom used to make our costumes every year...Bride of Frankenstein, Hershey's Kiss, a Hawk...not kidding here - she's a rock star! I would so love to be that talented, but I'm not. I build costumes. I don't sew them. I had some friends be Serious Black and Bellatrix Lestrange one year...they looked amazing!!
I love Halloween. I grew up in a place where everyone knew who you were under the make up, and we would hit every house and come home just loaded down with candy. And there was always 5 or 6 houses you HAD to hit. I still go visit them now when I can. The homemade donuts. Nina Bread. Homemade suckers. Popcorn balls. And our house. My mom dressed up as a witch every year...green skin, long black dress, the hat. She did root beer and donut holes...the root beer was in a cauldron and we did dry ice so it smoked...it looked so cool!! I will SO be carrying that on to our kids!! we had a wood burning stove in our house, so all the kids (and their parents) would come in and drink root beer and eat donut holes and get warm before heading back out. I love Halloween.
2 comments:
WooHoo for Halloween!
When my brother was 13 he had a Halloween party, and I did him a costume as a severed head in a freezer. We used a BIG tall box, and cut a fridge door, and freezer door, and made a shelf in the "freezer" part. We used straps (suspender like) to "hang" the box on my brother's shoulders, and his head was in the freezer part on the shelf. On the outside we glued magnets hanging up school papers, and artwork, and inside the freezer we glued some frozen veggie boxes, and other stuff, then we decorated his face all ghoulish, and had some blood, I think. It was a cool costume.
Love the new blog decor!
That is so good!!!
Post a Comment