Monday, January 18, 2010

UPDATE!

So it's been two weeks, and I wanted to tell you my progress!

~I've lost 7.2 lbs
~I joined a gym
~I've enlisted the help of a trainer - cause LIKE I could do this on my own
~I went to the gym three times last week, and I will be going 5 times this week
~I'm totally learning as I work out more!! How is this you ask? Because I'm learning the names of all the muscles I can no longer use that are APPARENTLY very helpful in day to day things like washing your hair, brushing your hair, scratchng your nose, oh and don't even get me started on the pain that ensues when I sneeze.

I. Can. Barely. Move. My. Arms. Not kidding. So painful.

TJ- You're right it was a total excuse. Whatever - what time do you get up in the morning??
Jannet - I lied. I don't like being sore. I take it all back! I don't feel like I've accomplished anything!

Okay!!! done being a total grouch today!!! hahahaha

I got asked to sub for Singing time in Primary yesterday. Yeah. I know. But She told me how much confidence she had in me and I couldn't let her down with the truth!

So I googled. I prayed. I pondered. I read and hummed and sang in my head. I prayed again.

It was okay. I found this game that you sing the song and you have the kid bob around a balloon while they are singing and when the music stops you have the kid holding the balloon tell you the next word of the song. It was a great game!!!

In theory.

JR Primary was too excited about balloons being in the room to sing. we sang a lot of wiggle songs with them. They were really cute though, so I was pretty pleased! And we even started learning the next part of th song with them because they were doing so good!!

SR Primary was...well out of control. So We stopped the balloon and just sang for the rest of the time, but they did really well with the singing!! They only have one little part at the end where they need some practice.

And I lived!!! HA!!

To be honest - I have a primary phobia. Seriously.

WHAT you ask? How can you be afraid of primary and still want to have kids so bad?

I'm not sure. I question that a little myself.

But I do! And I am!!

The reason...is because I taught primary once. For like 7 months or something. Can't be too sure of the time line because I've tried to block it out.

I was a terrible teacher.

The bishop agreed.

Kidding! sort of. It's a long story. ANYWAY!!!!

I lived through yesterday and I didn't even need a nap!!!! I did drink a lot of the Zero I told myself I was giving up. HA!

Jeremy and I decided to get married on February 2nd of 07. And I hate Valentines day. REALLY hate it. BUT Jeremy feel guilty if he doen't do something for me on that day, SO we invented "ValiVersary". It's fun, and it makes us both happy. For this year I was going to FINALLY put our wedding photos into an album. So I started it. And Jeremy was going to buy me a Tahitian pearl ring. (SO spoiled - I know!)

Then I messed up the surprise. guilt followed. Tears. LOTS of apologizing.

And we decided my ring was a pretty frivolous gift, and selfish. s we took the money and put it towards getting a laptop so Jer could do school.

It sucks being level headed!!!

Kidding - I really like the laptop, and it's going to be so great for him!! But I had already started the album, so I just went ahead ad finished it.

Of course I couldn't wait 2 WEEKS to give it to him!!! Who do you think I am?? So I gave t to him yesterday. He loved it!! I love it!!! Good times!!!

Wow...this has been random. Congrats if you're still reading!!!

7 comments:

The Booth Family said...

I love you :)

Brittany Ann said...

7 pounds???? That's awesome! Good work girl!

Jocelyn said...

Awesome job on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Katie and Howard said...

Way to go with the weight loss! So great...I say I like the feeling of working out, and I do, I feel accomplished, BUT the sore part for days is tough!!

and p.s. being the singing time leader is sooo frightening!! Way to go! :)

Jenn said...

congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome! Now if I could just get on that bandwagon! And now I am feeling all guilty for asking you to sub in primary! Sorry :( But seriously, thanks for helping me out! Love you!

Ben and Dena said...

How much do I miss you right now!!!!!! SO MUCH! You are the best- can't wait for Utah to win out in this tug of war for your resident-ship! :)
Deen

Xazmin said...

I'm totally still reading! And I too have Primaryphobia...I think it's pretty common!

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm working hard too, so we can keep each other motivated!