Monday, March 8, 2010

Wanna know?

Have you ever wondered what Infertility feels like?

~It's charting the most personal bodily functions down to the hour with medical professional preciseness.
~It's charting your...erm...alone time with your husband.
~It's going absolutely nuts when you've had an upset stomach for more than 2 days straight.
~It's waiting. Waiting for a dr. appointment... A day on the calendar... A period... A missed period... A positive pregnancy test... A negative pregnancy test.
~It's crying all the time. Movies and TV shows that even reference a baby or an ultrasound will send you into sobs of grief. Seeing a cute spring dress in the store for a little girl you don't have will cause you to make a bee line for the door. Hearing someone else announcement of pregnancy will have you in your car praying for relief.
~It's avoiding baby showers.
~It's crying through church on mother's day.
~It's crying and praying for others dealing with the same issues you and your husband are facing.
~It's bitterness and anger and fear and selfishness and guilt and hope and pain all in one.
~It's praying and fasting and priesthood blessings hoping that this month will be the month. That this time it will be your announcement.
~It's quiet rage hidden behind a pleasant smile while someone complains about how hard it is to be pregnant.
~It's yelling at God, and wondering how he could send babies to teenagers and drug addicts and not to you.
~It's not wanting to hear abut your husband's dreams that had three kids in it, and at the same time asking for every detail about each of those dream kids.
~It's being on pins and needles in large groups for someone to ask when you're going to start a family, or when the next person will come by and comment on how long you have been married with that tell tell raised eye brow. Or when someone will expound on the joys of parenthood to you because "you just can't even imagine!!"
~It's having names picked out and nurseries planned for kids you may not ever meet in this life.
~It's sorrow that presses on your heart and spirit every moment of every day. Even when you're not thinking about it - it is your constant companion in everything you do.
~It's seeing your husband cry while he holds you after another negative pregnancy test.
~It's wondering "why not me?"
~It's hopes and dreams that are just out of reach.

I've been dealing with a very sensitive stomach for about a week and a half...I'm finding smells bothering me more than usual. My back has been hurting, my head has been aching, and I'm peeing all the time.

And I've been through this before. And it's meant nothing each time.

That's why I asked you for your prayers yesterday. And that's what I wasn't going to tell you because I'm superstitious.

I found out today that one of the girls I work with is pregnant. I'm having a very hard day.

And now I'm going home to clean my toilets. How appropriate.

10 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

What a beautiful, honest, heartfelt post. I'll be praying for your miracle soon!

Macey said...

This is a really beautiful post. I am blessed to not have gone through this, but I know many people who did. I can't imagine the pain of having to go through this. I'm so sorry.

Jocelyn said...

I can't even imagine the pain you are going through right now, but I want you to know that I am praying for you. This post was very heartfelt and raw. Don't give up on God...He knows what He is doing, even when you think all is lost.

Brittany Ann said...

Honey, you know I know how you feel, so I'm just going to sit here and cry with you and pray and be with you in spirit. I love you, my friend.

Ben and Dena said...

I love you. I'm sorry. Wish I could be there.

the princess said...

this is one of the most honest, thoughtful, unselfish posts i have ever read. i LOVE you, sare!!

The Booth Family said...

I just want to hug you right now! I love you S!

Jenn said...

boy does my heart just ache for you right now. this definetly made me sprink! i love you and you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. i wish i could make it better. the best i can do is offer to buy you a pint of ice cream & let you vent. come cry on my couch anytime. you are very brave to share this, and I know that you expressed exactly how I felt 4 years ago, but I never would hve been able to put it in words or share it with those around me, so i applaud you for that. i hope you find the outpouring of love and comfort that you deserve!

Katie and Howard said...

You are very brave to share all of this. I think its great you are! It always helps to make people be aware of how you are feeling and the process of infertility. If you ever need ANYTHING...please let me know. I am here for you to talk, cry, yell, laugh, whatever I'm here. :)

Stephanie said...

I just found your blog and was scrolling through your posts and I just had to stop and leave a comment on this one. I know this pain all too well, and I hate that you have to go though it too. It's just awful, and it's even worse when those around you don't understand. Feel free to email me if you ever want to talk about it. My email is on my blog. I'll say a prayer for you tonight!