Monday, November 22, 2010

Pie & Hope

Last night We made pie to get ready for Thanksgiving. We purposely made an extra pie so we could eat it yesterday - always wise in my mind. And for those of you who make homemade pie crust (I know it's rare these days) This RECIPE from JOY is seriously awesome! Best pie crust ever! Not kidding!

We had a couple of friends over to share in our happy pie night, and we got to talking about a point of the Gospel that both she and I struggle with. That combined with worrying that my alarm wouldn't go off in time for my early morning today kept me up most of the night. I prayed for her and I prayed for me. I thought of what I could say to help us both feel some comfort about this topic. I wondered what the real answer would be when I finally get to ask this question to the person who has all the answers. I wondered how I would feel about this topic on the other side of the veil when I will, hopefully, have a better understanding of things. I didn't make a lot of progress. I mostly just gave myself a headache. But I did realize that just about every single person on this Earth has one part of their faith that they don't understand, and through that not understanding they are required to exercises more faith. They have to trust that the things they don't understand in this life will be made whole and clear in the next. I have this problem with more than my share of topics actually. Things like this have been on my mind constantly as of late. I've pondered about them consistently. And I'm not any closer to an understanding than I was before.

But I do know, and have felt strongly, that one day I will understand. One day it will all work out for my benefit. One day the pieces I've been trying to place will fit just as they are supposed to. I will feel peace about these things I struggle with. I will have total joy in how it all works out.

Until then I have hope. Hope that is based on an eternal perspective and not what my finite mind can comprehend. I have hope.

Today I am full of thanks to my Father in Heaven for the feeling of hope I have about things I don't understand.

For my service part today - I'm thankful for people who wonderful recipes on line so I can find them and use them and love them. It was really good pie.

Have the Best Day!!

1 comment:

Macey said...

I want pie!
And. Now I'm wondering what part of the gospel you're confused about...