It's not the Pill everyone thinks of though - it's basically the anti-birth control. I started CLOMID today. YEAH!!! If you don't want to go to the link - it's a fertility drug that will make me a little crazy for the next week or so. Gonna be fun!!!! (The link is a good source for anyone dealing with infertility or for someone who would like to know how to help someone having to deal with infertility - lots of good info there!!) This drug is hormones that will make me kind of...over-ovulate, hopefully increasing our chances of getting pregnant again.
Prayers are welcomed at this point, because this is a big step for our family, and for our marriage. It sounds weird to phrase it that way, but, obviously, fertility treatments can and often do take a big toll on a marriage. And since 40-45% of women do conceive in the their first 6 months of Clomid Cycles...it could put an extended stress on Jeremy having to deal with me for that long....yeah. But thankfully I have a wonderful husband who loves and supports me and has pretty fair reflexes for ducking out of the way of whatever I throw at him.
he he he he he he he I kid!!!
But seriously. Side effects vary, but most common are anger, and emotional outbursts, along with headaches and night sweats. I'm worried about being mean at work, but I'm more worried about being emotional at home. Poor Jeremy already deals with me and my crying far too often, and that's the normal me. Who knows what extra hormones are going to do to me?!?!!
I'm trying to go in with eyes wide open and telling myself to think before I respond to certain things and definitely before I speak....wish me luck!!
Clomid Cycle #1 - Day 1
Today was good. I expected worse honestly. I've had a bit of a headache this evening, but my ever faithful friend CokeZero has fixed that right up. I'm a little warm right now, but Karen is baking a million Sherry Cheese Rolls (Yes. They are as good as they sound). So all in all I call today a success. I still feel like me!!! I'm very grateful for that.
So stay tuned, because I think this could be a really amusing glimpse at the things we do to have kids. Or it might be a train wreck. Either way you won't want to look away.
Have the Best Day!
Oh my posts may be a bit late in the day for the next week or so, because I want to document the day...was that pretty redundant and repetitive? It felt like it might have been. Eh.
2 comments:
YAY!! I know you have been wanting to start on these!! I will continue to keep my fingers crossed and continue to pray for you!! I hope this does it for you two!! Congratulations on the next step!! Lots of Love!! Virginia says you may not make it up for Christmas, bummer, but secretely I am glad cause perhaps that means you can come later and I can see you!! Haha I know I am selfish and mean!! Hehe Anyways good luck hun! Wishing you ALL the best!
I'll never forget Kristy crying in Chili's when the chips were cold and they wouldn't bring us warm ones...all from the joys of Clomid! It's a favorite story of mine.... :)
You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! Good luck!
Brady
Post a Comment