Thursday, July 10, 2008

Here's to this year...

On one of our early dates we were sitting in a Native New Yorker Pizza place and Long December by Counting Crows started playing. As soon as it started both of us said "I love this song". We sang along until it got the the part where it says "maybe this year will be better than the last". Jeremy stopped and toasted us and said "Here's to this year being better than the last". I cried inside, and it's been something we've said many many times since then. Well last year was better than the year before and this year has been better than last.

Jeremy and I have been annoyingly happily married for one year now. I know it doesn't seem like a lot to of time to look back on, but it is. So much has happened this year. It's been a really difficult year, but from this side of the calendar it's amazing how much being with someone you love and adore and can laugh with can make all the hard and painful and scary things that life will bring you easier. So much so that you don't really even see the stress or frustration you felt in those moments, but only the way he got you through them. The ways he made you laugh again. The candles and flowers and tickle fights you shared so you wouldn't have to think anymore. It's amazing how much I love him. And more amazing that he would still love me after this much time with me. But he does!! And it's just so fun!!

I love you Jeremy! Thank you for taking me to the Temple. Thank you for being worthy to go. Thank you for being worthy of the Priesthood and keeping it in our home. Thank you for this last year - it's been the best ever!! I love you, and I am so grateful you wanted me!! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Ben and Dena said...

Congrats you two! I have no doubt you'll make next year even better than the first! Love you~