Little known fact about me: I love jars!! LOVE!!! We did jars for our centerpieces at our receptions - as the accents for food tables - I clean and reuse empty candle jars and have them throughout the house holding rose petals, pens, etc - I have one on my shelf right now with white rocks in the bottom and filled with water just waiting for more candles to float in it - qtip holders....yeah...seriously love them!!
So these jars...I told Jeremy about them and he went back with me to look at them the next day. He sadly does not have the love of all things fill able like I do, so he was pretty indifferent to them. So I thought - maybe if he looked at them instead of just the picture he would feel the love...so i opened the box, and GASP!!! The largest one was broken. Sadness abounded momentarily - until i spotted an exact copy of the broken jar packed all by it's self. You can stop holding your breath now!! The jar pixies were kind. We went to the check out counter and I haggled my way into getting the replacement jar for free (YEAH ME!!!), and I took my new beauties home. I cleared off the dresser and promptly started gathering lovelies to put inside my new jars.
Here they are empty in all their glistening glory. (I'm SO not the photographer...)
The green rocks were part of our centerpieces.... the fake rose petals were scattered on the table with photo albums of us at the receptions... and the sand is - well it's just craft sand but the shells we collected on CA on our trip with all our friends for Jer's Birthday last year. The stumpy one with the sand and shells - he's my favorite...I just LOVE how cute and round it is!!

Here is how our dresser looks now:
I'm full of glee
1 comment:
I love them!! I want some... I've been keeping my eye out for a good set of apothecary jars, so if you find another good deal, let me know! So cute!
Post a Comment