Monday, March 9, 2009

HAZZAH!!

Jeremy and I spent the day at the renaissance festival on Saturday. Neither of us had ever been, so everything was all new. OH! And it was FAIRY DAY!!! We chose to approach the fest as we do Disneyland. We had the map and the schedule of events, and we pretty much wandered around looking at EVERYTHING until we needed to be somewhere to see a certain show, and we totally got lost in the magic!!


On the way in – just past the gate - there was this cart of Fairy Finery, and there was a fairy selling her wares and THEN there was a fairy who was sitting on a stool that was playing her flute…it was one of those flutes with two pipes. She was amazing!!! I’d never seen a real fairy before!! She was beautiful!! Her auburn hair was curled and it was intertwined with flowers and leaves and ribbons… she was wearing a brown leather outfit, and her translucent wings were an earthy green that sparkled and shone in the sun light. She had little elfin shoes, and looked just like something you would see in a garden in London outside of a castle...quite a distance to travel to Phoenix…but I’m so glad she did!!! It was her mannerisms that were the most beautiful though!! She pranced and she flitted and she was shy and coy and sparkly and totally mesmerizing!! I could not stop watching her!! Jeremy totally had to pull me away, and all day long every time I saw her I was just as transfixed.


We had so much fun – we looked at shops and watched glass blowing and we saw pirate shows and JOUSTING and I was even made a lady of the court!!! It was so much fun!! We ate a frozen cheese cake (Jer had a frozen banana) and then we ate TURKEY legs!! It was really greasy, and I could only do about ¼ of the thing, but it was really good. We made it through a maze and watched them make sculptures of wax hands. Good times.


Then on the way out we saw the fairy again (for like the 4th time…I stopped every time we saw her), and since I had enjoyed her so much we tipped her and to say thank you…SHE GAVE ME A FAIRY ROCK!!! COVERED IN FAIRY DUST!!! I cannot tell you the JOY in my heart!!! I held the thing in my hand all the way home. I would look at it and just start to giggle. It was so beautiful and perfect. It is clear and round and flat on the bottom, and it was covered in FAIRY DUST!! I LOVE it!! On the way home I was not watching it as closely as I should have been, and it fell and landed on my shirt and some of the fairy dust got wiped off…I welled up…but I realized that the magic was not I the dust or the rock or even with the Fairy herself. The magic was in me letting myself be young and carefree and able to believe again. It was inside me. It always is.


When Jeremy and I started dating he said something that made me smile and now it makes me love him even more. He said he never wanted to grow old. That he of course would get older, but he always wanted to be able to enjoy life, and be able to play. We did that on Saturday. We were kids…getting lost in Knights and Fairies. I love, and I am so grateful The Lord would lead me to a place where I could be found by a man who is still young at heart and who loves to laugh as much as I do. I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again…I am so spoiled (read: so blessed)!!


On the way in – just past the gate - there was this cart of Fairy Finery, and there was a fairy selling her wares and THEN there was a fairy who was sitting on a stool that was playing her flute…it was one of those flutes with two pipes. She was amazing!!! I’d never seen a real fairy before!! She was beautiful!! Her auburn hair was curled and it was intertwined with flowers and leaves and ribbons… she was wearing a brown leather outfit, and her translucent wings were an earthy green that sparkled and shone in the sun light. She had little elfin shoes, and looked just like something you would see in a garden in London outside of a castle...quite a distance to travel to Phoenix…but I’m so glad she did!!! It was her mannerisms that were the most beautiful though!! She pranced and she flitted and she was shy and coy and sparkly and totally mesmerizing!! I could not stop watching her!! Jeremy totally had to pull me away, and all day long every time I saw her I was just as transfixed.


We had so much fun – we looked at shops and watched glass blowing and we saw pirate shows and JOUSTING and I was even made a lady of the court!!! It was so much fun!! We ate a frozen cheese cake (Jer had a frozen banana) and then we ate TURKEY legs!! It was really greasy, and I could only do about ¼ of the thing, but it was really good. We made it through a maze and watched them make sculptures of wax hands. Good times.


Then on the way out we saw the fairy again (for like the 4th time…I stopped every time we saw her), and since I had enjoyed her so much we tipped her and to say thank you…SHE GAVE ME A FAIRY ROCK!!! COVERED IN FAIRY DUST!!! I cannot tell you the JOY in my heart!!! I held the thing in my hand all the way home. I would look at it and just start to giggle. It was so beautiful and perfect. It is clear and round and flat on the bottom, and it was covered in FAIRY DUST!! I LOVE it!! On the way home I was not watching it as closely as I should have been, and it fell and landed on my shirt and some of the fairy dust got wiped off…I welled up…but I realized that the magic was not I the dust or the rock or even with the Fairy herself. The magic was in me letting myself be young and carefree and able to believe again. It was inside me. It always is.


When Jeremy and I started dating he said something that made me smile and now it makes me love him even more. He said he never wanted to grow old. That he of course would get older, but he always wanted to be able to enjoy life, and be able to play. We did that on Saturday. We were kids…getting lost in Knights and Fairies. I love, and I am so grateful The Lord would lead me to a place where I could be found by a man who is still young at heart and who loves to laugh as much as I do. I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again…I am so spoiled (read: so blessed)!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

So glad you had so much fun! I can't wait to go!!!