Friday night I helped throw a party for Steve and Jewel. It was really fun/really hard for me. I moved here 4 years ago, and Steve and I became friends pretty much right away. We have added a bunch more people to our group - including souses and now a child. We've been through surgeries, lay offs, tears and tons of laughter. Our little group was is so close. We celebrated just about everything together - birthdays - new yards - super bowl - conferences - New Years...We were together when we found out President Hinckley Had passed away - Steve Came to our sealing - we went to theirs - we all went to Raff and Rikki's and We were all there when Sweet Misty received her own Endowment. We've moved and now have helped pack each other's stuff when big changes happened. Misty and Jeremy and I all went to the Hospital the day Jack was born, and We will be there in two weeks when they bless him. These people mean so much to me. They are Eternal Friends.
Steve and Jewel moved to Snowflake AZ this last saturday. And I know it's probably not fair for me to be sad about other people moving when We are planning to move soon too, but I am. I am so sad. I will miss these people and this time in my life so so so much!!
The party was fun - we held it at our old Bishop's House (we were all in the same singles ward here). He and his wonderful wife were so sweet of us to let us do it there and we appreciate it so so so much!!! We had lots of yummy food and I made a cake. I will show you later (I forgot my camera at Bish's house). It was an icy blue with white snowflakes...HEHEHE!!!! I thought it was funny. He seriously just stood around and talked the whole night. after most everyone left Steve Jewel misty Jeremy Bishop and I all sat around and talked. We laughed so much. I was so sad to end the evening. I really couldn't believe this was happening. I was all surly on Friday because I knew how had this would be. I am truly sad to see this chapter end. We cleaned up and packed up and we were standing on the driveway not really saying much and then the good byes started. Oh the tears. Lots and lots of tears. Lots of hugging. Lots of "I love you"s.
The 4 of us just stood there and watched them drive away...So sad. I will miss these two so much. They are so special and dear to me!!!
S&J - I Hope you know how much you mean to me - to us. I will always be grateful the the Lord lead me to Glendale. I will always be grateful he blessed me with you two. I love you both so much!! Thank you for being such wonderful friends. Thank you for laughing and crying with us. Thank you for your Testimonies, and Faith. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for dinners and parties and for being really really good friends. I love you guys!! I will miss you SO much!!! Good luck in Snowflake!! Miss you already!!!
1 comment:
Saying goodbye is always so hard. Good friends are sometimes so rare, and we really cherish them when we are blessed to have them in our lives!
I'm sad your sad, but excited for you and the new chapter you are about to begin!
Post a Comment