We had stake Conference this weekend down here in Glendale. I normally don't look forward to Stake Conference like I did this time, but There was something special about this one. The Stake President that has been leading our stake for the last 10 years was released this weekend. He was the man serving when my sweet husband came home from his mission. He is the only stake President I've known since being down here (obviously), and He is just a good good man with a super sweet adorable wife. I hope they knows how much we all appreciated their service and sacrifices.
We had two visiting authorities. Elder Wilson (Jer thinks it might have been Wilkins - I think I'm right...no seriously - he probably is right...), and Elder Brimhall. Elder Brimhall was just called to the Quorum of the 70 This last General Conference. They were both just wonderful speakers. I am so amazed at how the Lord's Church is guided. It's an incredible system based solely on guidance from the Spirit. It's beautiful to see.
Saturday night session is always my favorite! It's always so quiet and...sigh. I love it. And this time is was where we got the real meet of the teachings that had been prepared for us as Sunday was majorly taken up by testimonies from the Old and New Presidencies and their beautiful wives. I'm just going to share a couple little bits that really struck me. Elder Wilson (Wilkins) quoted J. Ruben Clark and said "Never let your faith be Difficult to detect" He then told us that no one around us should ever question What we believe. I thought that was beautiful and it went really well with Elder Brimhall's talk about opening our mouths. Share what we know and live what we know. And our outgoing Stake President said "A Little bit of effort can make all the difference in the world". I loved it!! It was such a beautiful night!! And the spirit was so sweet there!!
Then yesterday the new Stake President was called. It was wonderful!! I LOVE getting to sustain our leaders like that!! It's always accompanied by the most beautiful feeling of peace that these are the men The Lord needs to lead us right now. It's so wonderful that he loves us so much to give each of us that peace each and every time. This did - I have to say - come with a bit of sadness for me. About a year ago the Stake President's Son was called as our bishop. He is a good and faithful man, and I have so loved being led by him and his sweet counselors. Well Yesterday Bishop Foresberg was sustained as President Foresberg - replacing his father. He said in his Testimony "If this is the Lord's will - then lets get to work." WOW! So perfect!! He was blessed with wonderful counselors!! The bishop who was presiding in our ward when we moved in is the first counselor and a roundabout relative (He married Jeremy's Aunt's Sister :)) was called as the second counselor. These are three wonderful men!! I love each of them so much!! they are going to fabulous leaders and I know our little stake will be strengthened by their collective wisdom and faith. I was kind of sad...I almost asked Jeremy if we could stay here because I love these three men so much...hehe...almost!
It was such a wonderful weekend!! I so enjoyed this spiritual boost!!
No comments:
Post a Comment