Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jewel's Birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Monday JEWEL!!!
A little more than a year ago I met Jewel. I had been hearing about her for a long time before I met her. She was in Taiwan serving a mission when I met Steve. (He waited for her...adorable!!) As soon as I met her I liked her. Seriously how could you not!? She is funny and Sweet and good, and (one of my favorite parts) She was TALL!! I was no longer the only female TREE in our little group!! It really was a big moment. Since then She has become one of my best friends. She is so easy to be around, and so easy to talk to, and again - so caring and good. I learn from her all the time!! I'm so grateful for her friendship, and SO grateful she was BORN!!!
Due to extenuating circumstances we we're unable to throw her a birthday party like we would have normally (more on that later), so instead when we went to see them last night and I took her a Birthday Cake and we celebrated cave man style. Steve Jewel Misty Jeremy Jack and I all sat on the floor around a plate and a carton of ice cream and we each had a spoon. LOL!!! Seriously so fun!!!
and i think we ate less this way...
I LOVE YOU JEWEL!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!




6 comments:

Claire said...

AWESOME CAKE!!! That turned out so pretty. I love it.

Katrina Rasband said...

you are really getting good at those cakes!

Sare said...

you guys are...nice. this was my first attempt at a complete fondant cake...it's not even - it's lumpy - it's just over all not that great...but i'm trying!!

Jiggle Johnson said...

So we went to the best place in the world to eat!!! And I thought about you after I took every bit of my Chipotle Chicken Salad. Miss you babe!! XOXO

Ben and Dena said...

Ummm... you make me feel like a kitchen oaf. You are amazing.... nuff said.

All I can say is I wish you were going to be in ID for my b-day! :)

Jaime said...

That cake is so pretty! Great job! Caveman eating style sounds so fun!!! Perfect to do with great friends.