Sunday, May 3, 2009

Anymore I pretty much make a cake (or fondant or frosting or cookies) once a week to practice some sort of technique. A couple of weeks ago Jer and I were invited to dinner and I was asked to bring desert, so I made this:
It's not that great, but I literally did the swirls & piping in like 3 minutes. I like the color though...


I made these a few weeks go...that are mini cakes covered in Ganache. They tasted way better than they looked.




These are this weeks project. Butterflies. Out of Frosting. These are the steps I took...piped the outline...let them dry
flooded the middles...


Let them Dry...


Throw ice water on them and start over...



I will Finish them tonight...If I manage not to ruin them again and they turn out okay i may post more pictures...we shall see...

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Can chocolate ever look bad! You are much more dedicated than I am! After Rjonn & Annika's wedding cake I retired. I pretty much stick with cupcakes and cookies. They just seem so much simpler. Hope you are doing well. We love & miss you guys!

Shalise said...

Sarah are you considering a home career out of this cake-making? These are amazing-you ought to consider making money on this talent of yours.

Xazmin said...

That cake is beautiful! You're making me miss decorating cakes! I've been a lazy mama the past 2 or 3 years and haven't done them for my kids...the get Costco cake!

I did do a cute pumpkin cake for Monkey's 1st birthdya though, I'll have to share it sometime.

And chocolate is chocolate...yummy no matter what! And they still look good.

Those butterflies are going to be awesome...can't wait to see them!

Tanielle said...

O.K. you are amazing!!! I use to attempt to make and decorate cakes, but....they just didn't turn out very well! Next time I will just request you!:-)

Kristy said...

Wow! I want to see how they turned out. I could use some lessons. I can't wait 'till you move closer.

Sare said...

OH PLEASE!!! I should be taking lessons from YOU!!