My Sweet Husband decided yesterday after church that he would make a cake to take to his mom's house for dinner for Mother's day. I thought - he's had a long weekend, so I offered to help. "No no - I got it!" okay then...so I read my book.
I went into the kitchen a little while later and saw that he had used me biggest square pan, and only one cake mix....so it was rather thin. I suggested he maybe cut it in half to make it a little taller - maybe with a frosting filling. "Yeah that's a good idea!"
I kept reading. I went back in a while later to watch him frost the cake....
He was operating on Duffs Theory (from ace of cakes) that if something on the cake is wrong you can just cover it up with frosting...Jeremy's Cake was missing a corner.....

So it got covered in "flowers"

He was rushing maybe a little bit on the bottom here...

this is him filling in some more "flaws in the cake" with "flowers"
I went into the kitchen a little while later and saw that he had used me biggest square pan, and only one cake mix....so it was rather thin. I suggested he maybe cut it in half to make it a little taller - maybe with a frosting filling. "Yeah that's a good idea!"
I kept reading. I went back in a while later to watch him frost the cake....
He was operating on Duffs Theory (from ace of cakes) that if something on the cake is wrong you can just cover it up with frosting...Jeremy's Cake was missing a corner.....
So it got covered in "flowers"
He was rushing maybe a little bit on the bottom here...
this is him filling in some more "flaws in the cake" with "flowers"
3 comments:
Jeremy, you are so the man. I love that cake! So rad!
LOL! It's the thought that counts! Sister Hreicek is awesom and I bet she loved it anyway. Haha too funny though.
That's hilarious! I love watching (laughing at)my husband do creative kitchen stuff!
Post a Comment