I made this for a work treat last night...OH MY SAKE!!!! It's incredible!! And SUPER moist!! It's also a really easy recipe. Most scratch cakes require ingredients I don't always have, and they make me jump through hoops while juggling and patting my tummy to get them actually mixed together. This is SO not that way!! Just dump it all in the mixer. Mix. DONE. LOVE it!!
Cake:
4 eggs
2c. veg oil
2c. canned pumpkin (I did 2 cups and about another quarter cup...I like pumpkin)
2c. all purpose flour
2tsp soda
2tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2c. Butter softened
1 - 8oz package cream cheese
1lb powdered sugar
2tsp vanilla
Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into buttered and floured pan (or cup cakes). Bake at 350 until it passes the toothpick test (my cupcakes took about 25 min). Cool.
Prepare cream cheese frosting by combining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
3 comments:
sounds so yummy! i love pumpkin desserts:-)
I'm definitely going to have to try this!! We have some pumpkin bits left over from when we carved ours, and I've been trying to think of what I could do with them...thank you for knowing I needed inspiration!! :)
Sounds DIVINE! How are you dahling? Did you have a fabulous Halloween? I know how you love it! Wish you were here!
Post a Comment