Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Word to the wiser-than-me OR Holy Random Post Batman!

(the worlds LONGEST post title ladies and gentlemen...Give it up!!!! clap clap clap...cough...)

I made those Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies last night. First off...I always over estimate my amount of free time in the evenings.

Seriously. I get home at 445 ish every day, and the friends were showing up at 630... Jer (sweetheart that he is) had cleaned the living room, and even stacked all my craft stuff up, so that helped, but this recipe called for the dough to sit in the fridge chilling for 2 hours. yeah. 2. WHAT?!!! It took me like no time to get it all together (it's a really easy recipe), but it was super loose. really sticky. REALLY sticky. but I don't really deviate from recipes so much because I'm sceered. So I kept on keeping on. It was a mess. Finally after forcing it into two storage bags and letting it sit in the freezer for almost two hours I got mad at how sticky and uncooperative it was and put what I could get off the parchment paper and out of the bags back in the mixer and put probably two more cups of flour in. It was WONDERFUL after that!!!

Anyway - it was 730 before I got them out of the oven, and then it says they are better chilled, so I threw them in the freezer. I don't know if you can tell...But I'm not so good with patience. Chilling in the fridge for 2 hours? no no no. I rock the freezer. miracle that little invention!! especially for those of us who have not only been immersed in the instant gratification lifestyle of 2010, but have embarrassed it. which I have.

They are SUPER good though! I would recommend starting them when you have some time to work through the kinks. In my life it is forever labeled a saturday project.

BUT bonus!! it makes a TON of dough. I have two big balls of dough still in the fridge from this one recipe. It's awesome!!!

I also have a fantastic recpie in one of my cake decorating books...oh this is so good!!! We have never gotten many cookies out of it though, because we tend to eat a lot of dough. It's that good people!! I will have to post it one day. Lemon extract. Oh so delightful!!!!

****~****~****~****~****

Did you watch LOST? Are you wondering what's going on with Claire? Are you wondering why Abrams keeps throwing more questions out there? Are you sick to DEATH of all the commercial breaks??

I am.

****~****~****~****~****

It has taken me a lot of time to be able to say this, but We're looking for a Dr. This it kind of a big deal. First of all it means I'm finally ready emotionally to consider the possibilities available to us. hat sounds crazy, but...it's a hard thing to face the reality that we may not be able to get pregnant without help. It's hard and draining and painful. It also means I've forgiven the last Dr we saw. You know the one who had the cardinal emblem carved in the back of his head...yeah him. It also means that (CROSS my fingers, toes, arms, and eyes...) we might have a baby early next year. I so hope this is the case. Anyway - it's kind of a big deal, so pray for us to be able to find someone wonderful that will take BOTH of our insurances.

****~****~****~****~****

I talked to my little sister yesterday - hey Chel! Oh and what I say talked I mean text. back and forth. For like an hour. Please see "instant gratification" comment above. anyway - we were talking about her wedding cake. I'm making it. I'm excited!!! THANKFULLY they have picked a totally low key cake. Seriously the most complicated things are drizzling dark chocolate down the sides, and finding un-sprayed roses for the decorations. NICE!!! They are doing a choclate cake with raspberry filling - I'm going to try and use fresh respberries... but it's in October, so we will see...with a white butter cream frosting, and dark chocolate poured over the top of each layer so it drips down the sides....are your drooling? I am. I can't wait!! I'm sort of nervous, because...hi. It's a wedding cake. And it's for my little sister. Hi again. I will HOPEFULLY be making it in my own kitchen in Utah someplace, and then it's being hauled to...wait for it...Park City. I'm going to be having panic attacks I'm sure. But... I am sure it will work out. (I need you to all agree with me here)

****~****~****~****~****

Going to get the first Pedi of the season tonight...Can't Freaking Wait!!!

****~****~****~****~****

I put a counter on my sidebar...it's over there on the left. I thought it would be cool, but mostly I find it annoying because I flip through my blog checking in with all of you so much that I really don't know how many people actually show up every day. It could all be me. Which is kind of sad, and probably the case.

2 comments:

Macey said...

Hook your e-mail up to your blog and then you get all the comments thru that and you never even have to look at your blog. That's what I do.
You said balls of dough...snicker.
And LOST has me LOST! Omagosh, so many questions. What the heck is up with Claire?? Why is...? I don't even know where to start! I had a nightmare about Locke last night. That's how into it I am. Gah.

Jocelyn said...

yay for doing your sister's wedding cake! sounds cool...can't wait for those pics:-) I always have a panic attack when traveling with a wedding cake in the back of my van...scary stuff!!!!