Friday, June 25, 2010

I know...I know...

I have been a crap blogger. I'm sorry for all of those of you who still check in on me to see if anything new has come up, and I continually let you down.

I feel like I'm getting back in the saddle these days, which after the last three months is a HUGE accomplishment. I can't be proud though, because it is through good friends, a wonderful sister, good family, my Heavenly Father, and the strongest, most caring and loving man in the world that I have come this far. I want to thank each of you who have expressed concern and love for Jeremy and I over last last few months. It's helped immensely. I'm grateful to have so many people care so much about us. I'm grateful for people, I've never seen in real life, who called or text or emailed or commented love and support for us. I've never felt so watched over by people I see all the time either. I am very blessed to have each of you in my life. Thank you.

Next I thought I'd update you on what's been going on with us the last few months...

We got a dog.

Yes, you read that right. We own a dog. She is a Bichon Frise - Poodle mix. SO FREAKING CUTE is what that translates to. Unless she's jumping on my sofa, or chewing on my husband...less cute at those times! Her name is Libby and after we get her groomed tomorrow Ill introduce you to her for real. She's quite shaggy right now. It's a totally adjustment. I had no idea. I THOUGHT I had an idea. I didn't. For reals. I won't ever get a puppy again. I don't care how @#$% cute she is.

Next....hmmm...We're still in PX. We hope this won't last long, but for now we are. It's gotten hot - we almost broke a record yesterday with 114. Ask anyone who lives in PX though - we stop counting after 100. It's not that bad, and people who complain about it - simply have nothing better to talk about. I've been here 5 years and I LOVE the summers! I feel like I'm going off on a tangent so I'll stop there.

Jer finished his stupid retarded class that they only made him take because they want more money from us, but are insulting enough to tell us that it's to make him a more "rounded graduate" BS. But it's over - yeah!! Onto the next one!!

We went to Tucson and stayed in this AMAZING resort last weekend and I got sunburned. Like the worst sunburn I've had in YEARS! I normally burn - maybe peel - and then go back to white within a couple of days. It's been a week and my chest is still BRIGHT RED. So painful. But I'm hoping to be white again soon.

The diet is still going really well. I have been meaning to tell you guys about it. I guess this is a good time. Now don't get all judgey judgerson on me ( I know how people have lot of opinions on certain diets). This is something Jeremy Aunt (well she's not really his aunt, but we will call her that for sanity sake) started on back on September 9th, and has lost 121lbs on. This is something I have researched. This is something I have seen results with. It's called Ideal Protein. It is a high protein low calorie low carp low fat low cholesterol diet. It's uniquely designed to burn fat and not muscle at your losing. Which very few diets can say, and I love. I'm already starting to see more definition in my arms. LOVE THAT. the low cholesterol thing was really important for me because my fam has a history of heart disease. I so didn't want to go down that road intentionally, and I wanted to prevent it from being a problem in the future. This is helping me with that. Basically I the little space packets of food that I usually mix with some water and prepare for Breakfast, lunch, and I get one for a snack just before bed. with lunch I get 2 cups of veggies, and then for dinner I have a lean meat and two more cups of veggies. The food tastes fabulous and it's so easy t follow this diet! my problem with other things I have tried is that I'm really good at finding the loopholes, and making cheating acceptable. This won't allow me to cheat at all. The amount of protein I'm eating and the lack of carbs and sugar has put my body into Ketosis which is basically burning fat at your primary energy source. It's also giving my pancreas a break from producing insulin. Basically insulin is what helps us store fat. When I reach my goal I will slowly reintroduce carbs and regular foods to my diet and start retraining my body to work the way it should - that is only produce insulin in levels I need instead of redlining it all day every day. It's worked well for Jer's Aunt - who is also my coach for the diet - and it's working well for me. Oh yeah - this is only something you can do through a medical professional!! I love that. If anything comes up I can call them and they know the answer. Anyway - it's working. I am in my 7th week, and as of Monday I'm down 27.8 lbs. I feel great, and I'm at the point now that people are starting to notice (when you have a lot to lose - it takes longer to see it). This week I've had several people asking me or commenting on it. People who don't know what I'm doing. People who can just see it in me. LOVE THAT!! Okay - so there's what I'm doing. I'm not sure I'm explaining everything right, so if you have questions let me know and I will get the answers for you!! This is something I'm becoming more and more passionate about, so feel free to ask me anything!!

okay - I think that's all I have been up to...sad that those few things are covering 3 months...oh well. I'm lame. And I'm fine with that.

I'm getting better at checking in on all of you more often...I'm not super consistent yet, but I'm getting there. So I guess I'll see you soon!!!

2 comments:

Ian & Cassie said...

You are so awesome!!! I love you sweetie!!! You got a DOG!!!! You hate dogs!?! Well I love them and am so excited to see that you own one :) we should do a play date! :) LOL! I am so happy you found a diet that works for you. It means alot to feel good about yourself. You are not lame it's your life and you live it wonderfully.. hope to hear from you soon love ya!

Macey said...

Dang!! She lost a lot of weight!! I'll have to look into it, for sure.