Thursday, September 9, 2010

How Does It Work?

Unfailing faith?

Adoption?

Perfection?

Fax machines?

Birth?

Death?

If all men are created equal then why do the burdens placed on some appear to be so difficult in comparison to others?

The immune system?

Justice & mercy?

Television?

National health care?

Buddhism?

Abuse?

Brittany Spears?

Why does the simple act of frying something make it taste better?

Love at first sight?

Politics?

Tattoos?

Judgment?

Compassion?

Bottled water?


Lasting friendships?

Why is it some people fear to speak their minds, but when they do, they find the answers to the questions they didn't even ask, but still continue to hold back again and again?

Depression?

Vanity?

A balanced life?

Listening?

Hollandaise Sauce?

Sewing?

Illiteracy?

Humility?

Some of these I understand... some I get the basics, but one day hope to know more. Some I don't know, others I can't know in this life. Some are things I have experienced, and others I fear I will have to. It's amazing to me that no matter how much we know there are still always going to be questions.

4 comments:

Jewel said...

I know I fear to even try to understand more about Britney Spears.... :)

And some of the others, I look forward to learning more about. Others, I would rather not know.

Macey said...

Welp, I've got it all figured out EXCEPT for Britney Spears.

Sare said...

Mimi - That's because you are so wise!!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh heavens. I ponder these issues on and on. Some break my heart. Some just puzzle me to no end. Must just be life, huh?