Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nightlight

This morning I come to you straight from my mother-in-laws living room. I sit here in the dark, on a sofa I don't own, and surrounded by memories I was not a part of. I must admit I feel kind of lonely. I cried when we brought our first load of stuff over yesterday morning. I don't really know why...I felt excited to be moving on...even if it only feels like we're moving sideways instead of forward....But I also felt sad.

Yes, this has been a difficult month...but then again it's been a difficult few years. Jeremy and I were married for less than a year when I was layed off (is it layes or laid? I've never been clear on that), we've been through several weddings and the passing of loved ones, homesickness, and sick of home ness. We have been through trials I never expected. But then again...we have been through triumphs I dind't know existed too.

License to judge ahead!

I am one big walking cliche, but when Jeremy and I got married I loved him. He made me laugh and feel like the world was sunshine and daisies all the time. He made me so so so so happy. Those days are nothing compaired with how it feels to come home to him after a long day at work, or waking up next to him on a saturday morning when we have nothing to do but be together. Those days don't even come close to how much peace I find in our FHEs or when we pray together before we start, or end our day. The laughter we shared over silly jokes then is nothing like the laughter we shared when we found out I was pregnant, and then again. And the world filled with more sunshine than ever when he held me and told me everything would be okay after we lost our babies.

I loved him then...I need him now.

We're never left alone in the dark. Even though it may seem that way some days, We always have blessings to hold onto. We have nightlights in dark houses, we have memories of laughter and love and success in dark trials. I am blessed. I have been given much.

Today - My blessing and Service are the same...again. lol.

Karen and Jim are letting us live with them (we are paying rent, but not as much as we were). They have given us a bedroom and bathroom and the second garage to store our junk in. I'm so grateful for them being able and willing to help us through this time. I'm so grateful they would help us to keep preparing for our future by letting us stay here. I'm gratfeul for all they are doing for us right now....it's a long list. I'm grateful for their service.

I also wanted to tell you about what we did last night... We participated in the Light the Night Walk to support Blood cancer research and awareness and hopefully one day to find a cure for them. I walked along with a survivor. I walked next to a son who lost him mom. I was touched by the rememberance ceremony, and I'm so glad I went!! It was incredible! If you would like to learn more or to donate or get involved please visit LIGHT THE NIGHT.

Have the best day!

2 comments:

Macey said...

You ARE moving forward! Just in small steps and large steps...this might turn out to be a large step even though you didn't know it! You are so sweet, there is nothing but GOOD stored up for you, girl. You know God loves you. :) He only plans good for you.

Ben and Dena said...

You are awesome- really enjoyed your thoughts on Jeremy. So wonderful.