Monday, November 1, 2010

Thanks-Giving

In an attempt to show how very grateful I am for all the many many things I've been blessed with in this life - Today I will be starting a running list of things I'm grateful for, and services I've seen rendered to me or to others around me.

I know that by being grateful, and looking for our blessings every day, we will feel a growing desire to help and serve those around us. I know I have been given much in my life and I know there are people around me who need love and compassion, which is why, every day this month I will be celebrating those who serve, and sharing something I am grateful for.

I hope you guys can look around you and feel the spirit if Thanks-Giving this month. I hope you guys will feel the desire to serve those around you. I hope to come closer to my Father in Heaven through this next few weeks. I'm excited!!

I'm not going to do a linky, but if you guys want to leave a comment about something you see or that you feel especially grateful for PLEASE DO!! I may to a whole post one day of all the things people leave comments about. I would love to have you guys join me in this.

Nov. 1 -

This was a couple weeks ago, but it's something I appreciated. A friend of mine who also loves Halloween sent me a card. It had the wicked witch of the west on it and was just a little note from her. I don't know if she knew how much I would appreciate it. I don't think I knew how much I would come to appreciate it, but I put in my my fridge, and all month I have looked at it and thought what a sweet thing it was for her to send me. This has been a hard year. Halloween just didn't feel like I thought it would. I have been struggling with a lot of sadness and some anxiety. But seeing that super cute card every day just kind of made me feel better. Someone cared. Someone remembered me. I so appreciated it!!!

I'm also very grateful today for Jeremy. He has been so great and keeping up on the house work the last few weeks, and this weekend he prepared an awesome meal for the Murder Mystery dinner this weekend, and then did another amazing dish for Sunday. It's not something I could have done without him. And I know it was a sort of sacrifice to be super social this weekend, but I really appreciated him doing it for me. I really am blessed with a wonderful Husband and truly good man to share my home and heart with. I'm very blessed to be his wife!

Yeah!! I'm so excited for the next month!!! Hope you are too!!! OH I'm all post pictures of our party tomorrow - I think!! Be excited! It was REALLY fun!!

Have the Best Day!!!

2 comments:

Macey said...

Such a great post, girl!!! I'm thankful for you!! :)

The Booth Family said...

<3 ya! I don't think I say it enough :) *cheesy grin!