Saturday, July 9, 2011

About 10 minutes after I got back from Girl's Camp some friends of ours got married. It was a happy day!!! You could just see how in love they are. 
 
They are also two of the cutest people I have ever kown. And they have the most beautiful kids!!

 Our friend Vanessa Made the flowers....SO PRETTY!!!


 Told you their kids were dang cute!!!



I'm no photographer, and technical stuff aside...I love this shot.











Awe......

YEAH!!!!!





It was a great few days. I spent Sunday working on the gum paste flowers for the cake, and then Monday Vanessa baked the cakes,a nd monday night we started decorating them. Tuesday night we got them as finished as they would get until we assembled them at the church. We also decoarted the reception that night.... With a team of around 10 or so people we turned this room.......
Into THIS!!! It felt like a totally differnt space, and it was so nice during the reception. Simple, but happy and just perfectly them.We were all pretty proud of how it trned out!!
Really quick...Here's the cake Vanessa and I made!!! Our first wedding cake....awe.... We took the design from Peggy Porchen.

These are my Gum Paste Flowers....Oh my sake - so fun to make these after I got the hang of it!!! However; putting them together was TERRIFYING!!!!
They are fragile...like push too hard with the frosting tip and they shatter fragile. But they were pretty!!

More to come on OMC next week!!

CONGRATS Kurtis & Crystal!!!! Love you guys!!!!!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

LOVE the flowers!!! I need you here in Denver to teach me!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL cake! I do cupcakes, but would love to learn how to do cakes! Wish you could teach me!