Friday, July 8, 2011

The House that Money Bought

Technically it's not our yet. We are as sure as we can be, though, until we get the keys, that it will be ours. Wanna SEE???

Okay - I know it's all garage from the front. I hate that, but...what can I say? It will do for now? It won't be like this in the house we build one day? It's cheap? Yeah lets go with that one! Cause it's DANG cheap. For reals.
 I freaking LOVE Palm Trees. It's one of my favorite things about living down here....AND WE HAVE ONE IN OUR FRONT YARD!!!!!
I think I will call him Paco...Paco the Palm Tree

This is our Kitchen - it's smaller than we wanted, but it's bigger then we have ever had, and we will be able to have the dishwasher, the oven, and the fridge open all that the same time!!!! AND if that were to be necessary - we would still be able to move in this kitchen!!! SO EXCITING! I can't tell you the joy this brings me. I should show you our kitchen now and you might understand.

See that cute little window seat right there? First of all - that window is going to be PERFECT for Halloween! but secondly...It's going to be great for me to sit and watch Jer cook, or to put our herb garden in....I can't decide...maybe both - it's big. I have such fun plans for this room...It's going to be one of my favorites - I can already tell. If you follow me on Pinterest you might know what I'm talking about...
 Oh and we will probably be replacing the ugly light there with track lighting. And there will be open cupboards. Yes. 
  Fireplace! Totally unnecessary down here, but I'm excited still. I grew up in a house with a wood burning stove, and I loved loved loved watching the flames dance, and the shadows they cast over my family and the rooms I grew up in. I love fireplaces. It's still weird that AZ has so many though....It make little sense.

Anyone wanna come help us scrub every wall, floor, baseboard, counter and corner in this place? It's in serious need of those cute scrubbing bubbles!!
 This is the master Bedroom - into the Master bath...just so you know - We have two closets! The one you see and the Walk in around the corner by the bathroom!!! LO-ve this!!!


Here's a shot of the living room. It's a really open lay out, so the living, the dining and the family room can all be seen from each other. It makes the place feel so much bigger than it is!

We need new carpet. Badly.
Oh...That door leads to the...POOL!!! It's not a huge pool, but it's clean and in great shape!

 There's also a built in fire pit bu the pool. I'm already having visions of cool fall nights in Adirondack chairs sipping ice cold coke. 

I know I'm new to the owning a house thing, but doesn't it just make you GIDDY to imagine what your life will be like in a house that you own? We will have room to have people over, so I'm picturing Halloween Parties and Pool Parties and decorating the Christmas tree with friends again!!! We have walls so I'm already picking out paint colors for all the rooms!! We have a dining room so I'm imagining having friends over to have a nice sit down meal with us. We have extra rooms so I'm dreaming and begging family and friends to come stay with us. We are so excited and so grateful for this blessing in our lives right now...It's the first step in the long process we are beginning to make our family bigger...




5 comments:

Macey said...

Sooo exciting!!! :) I'm happy for you!

Unknown said...

How fun! I can't wait to be able to buy a house!

Jocelyn said...

Sweet!!! I am loving Paco the Palm tree:-)

Laryssa said...

Amazing! Window over the kitchen sink? check. Palm tree? check. pool? check. You've got everything you need. I can't believe Jeremy is going to own a pool. He would NEVER go swimming when we were kids. It made me so mad. Can't wait to visit!

Howard and Katie said...

Cool!!!!! Congrats! :)