I'd like to tell you a story...I have this friend....
I hope he doesn't feel this way about our friendship...
ANYWAY - He married a completely fantastic kick you in the gut funny spit on your neck beautiful girl...And thankfully we became friends too...I say thankfully because not only is she a wonderful person, not only is she smarter than I will ever be, strong, faithful, the world's best mom, but the girl bakes like Betty Crocker.
Only better!
They have cute babies too...I love them. This is Tate. He has a brother named Hudson, but for some reason I didn't get a picture of him...so this is Tate - and Hudson. Cause they're Identical Twins. only Hudson was wearing Gray...you get it. I'll show you Lilly in a minute - you will want to kiss her. that's my warning.
When they come to town I high jack one of their days here for me. Cause I'm selfish. This time I got to take a day off work - love that! Last time we made that 14 layer cake - remember?
This time we went even BIGGER!! We did 3 recipes. Raspberry Limeade Cupcakes, Banana Cream Cupcakes, and a Chocolate Roulad (probably didn't spell that right). The first two...life changing. The last one...underwhelming - but FUN!
We are not tidy bakers... and this was early in the process. I think we used every single spoon in the house...and all the mixing bowls...and almost that entire 18 pack of eggs...
But it was worth it!
These are the Raspberry Limeade Cupcakes....
I'm working on my picture taking
I like this one
And I like this one except its crooked...Which Kristy pointed out...so I may change it when it goes up on
OH MY CAKE next week.
This is Lilly...It was her 7month birthday...The raspberry ones were just for her.
I can't tell you how much I adored the frosting her toe...oh my sake...
She wouldn't look at me, but I still love this shot...
AWE!
Aren't they fabulous!! It's a Paul Deen Recipe, and if I can find it I'll add it to the post on OMC - it's fabulous!
Brady was helping us display them...It almost didn't end well...
These are the Banana Cream Cupcakes. I had some with the frosting, but no filling, and they were really good. I heard the filling was good, but...I'm not a banana person, so I skipped it.
Terrible shot - I know.
HEY BRADE!!
Could not get a decent shot of this stuff...Like I said I think it was more fun to make than to eat...sad.
At the end of the night I kept them up way too late talking...They are the kind of friends who will tell you you made a bad choice, and say it in a way that makes you see it too, and want to fix it as much as possible. By the way Brady - I did try to fix it as best as I could. It was such a good day - filled with laughing and talking and baking and shopping and even more laughing. I love these 5 people so much it hurts. I miss them. I can't wait to see them again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment