Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girl's Camp 2011

So back in February I got asked to go to Girl's Camp as part of the stake staff!! Saying I was excited does not do this experience justice. I loved Girl's Camp as a youth, and I love it even more now!! Here's why:





The 4th year High Adventure activity this year was canoeing.Did I spell that right? Does it matter? Anyway - It was dang fun! Here was are getting the Don't Tip The Canoe Over Talk...It didn't help. We had one flip out in the lake, and one flip right on shore. Everyone was okay in the end, so I can say it was funny...Cause it was.






These are our FANTASTIC Bishops and Stake President, and counselor (one was missing). Bishop's night was one of y favorites days at camp - It was one of the few times as a stake leader I got to spend time with my ward...I love it!!!!






Our awesomeYCLs - they worked so hard and it all turned out so good..I was really impressed with their excitement and they had the strongest testimonies I've ever seen in a young woman.








I was asked to go to Girl's Camp as the Humanitarian Leader. Love that the girls do service projects at camp now - Seriously  I totally LOVE IT! It was so good for me, and for them (I hope)! Anyway...This was my project. We made over 450 toy blocks for kids in underdeveloped countries. It was so simple, but I was told that receiving these small toys - a block, a doll, a toy truck are life changing events in these kids' lives. life changing. Can you imagine?!!? In the age of xbox and ipod these kids are grateful for a brightly colored block of wood? You bet. And I was grateful to help get it to them!






These are the girls decorating them...It was a bit of a challenge with the wind that picked up...yeah. It was fun!














I believe this was skit night...We gave each Ward a decade, and they had to put something together from that decade. I believe this was the 2000's and it was AWESOME! They went through maybe 6 different parts of popular songs - SO FUN! I was kind proud that I knew most of them.











 This one was fun too - They did hula dancing!!

















One of our Fabulous cooks helping one of our girls get her groove on...















These beautiful girls were obviously the 1920s decade, and their dance was GREAT!! Such an incredible time in our history, and it really came through in the popular dances of that time. I loved it!! and their feathers were fabulous!!












This is my ward - They did a skit from the Wizard of Oz...They had munchkins, and lions, and Dorothy and a surprise visit from Jacob...of Twilight. For reals. We rock it hard in Glen Lakes!!











This was by far our smallest ward at camp...but they did such a fabulous job with their skit! They had the 40s I believe and they pulled out all the stops - they had the hats, and the matching skirts and the red lipstick (I so wish I could do that in real life!)!! They danced to the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy...LOVED every second!!!











Game day!! LOVED Game day!! It started out SO cold and windy, but by the time we started and got into the games it was nice and toasty, so we had a lot of fun with the water games we had planned.













Just so you know...I made that Twister board. It was HUGE!! it had 88 circles on it, and we had about 10 girls on it every time...SO much fun! Lots of getting wet and falling!














All in all...I'd say we left our mark on Camp this year...maybe a bit too much of a mark in some cases...










Please forgive the formatting - is anyone else having to FIGHT with Blogger on all their pictures right now?!?!

2 comments:

Katie and Howard said...

So glad you had fun at camp...seeing your pictures made me sad I wasn't there. Girls Camp is the best...ESPECIALLY with Glen Lakes YW! :)

Hedgecocks said...

Jealous!