It's official!! I'm starting the Adventures in Dating series!! Fun right?! My plan is to do a post Every Friday, so check back often!
Jeremy and I do Date night on Thursday (actually I think that's changing soon, but that's what we have been doing). We take turns planning the dates each week. Last night was my turn. We're having our Halloween Pre Party on Saturday and I've been trying to get things ready for that this week so I've been a little distracted and hadn't planned anything big. It was a Stay home date so I could get what I needed to done before and during the date (you will see what happened during).
This is a super simple date - and Totally Free!! Well except dinner, but you were going to make that anyway RIGHT?! And it can be done after the kids go to bed so you will be able to maintain the spooky vibe you have going without the interruptions. Score!
On my way home from work I stopped at Fresh and Easy and picked up some Beef Stroganoff (I'm not sure how to spell that so I guessed...but you get it), some rosemary bread (our fav!), and some cream puffs for dessert - because they looked awesome not because it had anything to do with Eastern Europe - which was the theme for the evening!
When I got home I picked up the living room and make some sugar cookies - That's another post, but they are AWESOME! - and got the computer prepped for our date night activity.
Jer came home and told me about his day and I finished the cookies - then we went for a run - so nice of him to come with me by the way! By then it was getting pretty dark, but I needed it to be REALLY dark, so we had dinner and chatted. I had lit candles around the room to set the kind of scary mood. After dinner I threw a blanket over the laptop and hit play.
The curtains were all closed so the room was pretty dark, and then he heard the intro to The Mercury Theater's presentation of DRACULA being read by Orson Wells. He was so excited! Neither of us had ever heard it before, so it made it even more fun, and being cuddled up on the sofa listening to "the radio" in the dark made for a great date!!
(I found the original broadcast here. They have several others, but with Halloween coming up I wanted it to be a bit spooky.)
Okay so one reason I needed to do date night at home is because our neighbors (who are also friends of ours) are leaving on jaunt around the globe today, and they needed to come give us their house and mail keys before they left. I knew they would be coming during our date, so I intentionally didn't tell Jeremy about it.
It worked our perfectly!! We were int he middle of the broadcast - Where they are hunting down the coffins of dirt - when suddenly BANG BAND BANG They knocked on our security door. LOL!!! Jeremy jumped and let out a yelp and that startled me and I yelped too!! We answered the door laughing with hearts racing.
After we finished the broadcast we got to talking about how different life is from when this originally aired in 1938. It totally made me appreciate what we have and just how easy our lives are now. It was a nice throw back to the good 'ole days for sure!
I would totally recommend doing this date sometime soon - it was perfect for Halloween, and if you're as busy as we are this time of year it's easy to fit around your schedule. Which is of course the reason for date night - to shut out the world for a little while and spend some time with you're sweetie.
Any great date night ideas? Email me or leave me a comment!!
3 comments:
I love this!!!! SO fun, I had no idea they had that online. We will do this for sure!!
Sare! That sounds so fun! I might have to try this. :)
You guys are the cutest in the world!
Post a Comment