Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15th

It's here again. Another year has passed and another candle will be added to the two from last year.

Today is the National Pregnancy and Infant loss Day of Remembrance. At 7 pm, in ever time zone, people will light candles to remember the babies they never got to hold or only held for a short while. As the hours roll on, the whole Earth becomes bathed in a wave of light.

It's comforting to think of it like that.

This is a deeply personal day for so many people. It's a day that we remember the losses and the pain we have had to face. We remember the darkest hours. We hold our loved ones a little tighter because of our shared sorrows. We take some time to wonder what might have been when normally we don't allow ourselves to dwell on that. We remember our sweet babies.

I hope today is a gentle day for all who mourn.

3 comments:

Hedgecocks said...

Every candle is one too many. What a sweet way to remember those who still tug at our hearts. I'm a little late but I will light two. Thanks for the post.

Macey said...

I'm with JPK. Every candle is one too many, for sure,

Ben and Dena said...

Love you Sare- in my heart as always!