Friday, February 10, 2012

Dressing in the Dark

A few weeks ago I was sent a present from a guy who works for the same company as I do, but who works in the Mexico Factory. He sent everyone in our office T-Shirts from Durango Mexico. I was please to find that mine was black. With a SHINY GOLD SCORPION on it.

Its really one of those fabulous day to night kind of pieces. Works great with some flips and a ponytail for for and then goes seemlessly to the Scotsdale club scene.

BOUN CHICKA BOUN CHICKA BOUN CHICKA (picture me doing the Macarena with lights flashing off my Gold Scorpion) BOUN BOUN (Did that come off a stripper music in your head too? Wasn't supposed to.)

I can only figure this is a tourists only kind of shirt. It is pretty awesome though, and SO sweet of this guy to do that for us just because. He used his own money to buy me a present. I figured I would wear it around the house, but never in public.

WRONGO!

Last weekend I took Jer on a Saturdate. I'll post about that this weekend, but before we left I went into my closet and realized I didn't like any of my clothes that day (hate that, but it happens about twice a year). Then I saw the scorpion. You know I put it on as a joke. Not going to lie.... I love it!!!

I'm wearing it again today. It really doesn't get more casual that a shiny gold scorpion.

This made me think this morning that maybe I should do a T-Shirt Swap. With summer coming up and everything...Wouldn't that be super fun?!?! I am going to need some feedback, because I often come up with AWESOME ideas that in execution are a lot less than awesome....So talk to me. Tell me what you think?

Would you be interested in getting a tourist T-Shirt (I'm talking cool and unique - something YOU would wear - maybe - not flowers and tweety birds next to a cacti. No offense to people who wear flowers and tweety birds next to cacti or anything... moving on.) from someone in return for buying one from the town you're living in and sending it to them?? Would you tell your blog buddies? Would you laugh and point at me in my scorpion shirt? Discuss....

6 comments:

the princess said...

oh that sounds like fun! :) i'd love for you to post a pic of your beautiful self in the gold scorpion shirt!

Unknown said...

I think it would be fun!! Sometimes the tacky ones are the best!!

Macey said...

We need pics. :)

Ben and Dena said...

Definitely needing pics!!! The shirt sounds AMAZING. And the swap sounds fun!

Jolene said...

Dude I would love the swap!!! And I have to see pictures of that shirt!!! Love it!!

Ben and Dena said...

Missing you today!!! Was hoping to read a new post from my dear friend! Sure love you!