I'll admit I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. What I lack in old age, I make up for in fist-shaking, "you kids get off my lawn" crankiness when I see the youth of today. The hats, the hair in the eyes, the jeans, the attitude. I shake my head at them all.
But fortunately one of the joys of my calling in church has allowed me spend a great deal of time with the youth as of late. After last weeks visit, I can honestly say I finally feel like the world is in good hands. I was so impressed by the Gospel knowledge, the gentle camaraderie and the sweet spirit these young Saints had.
With all the horrible hopelessness being pitched to the youth of today, it was wonderful to see there is light in them still. That there is an Army of God rising up, taking on the challenges they face with faith and living up to their divine potential.
I left that class learning so much about what and where I want to be.
I thank the youth of the Glendale Arizona Stake for letting me be a part of their Sunday School classes and for teaching me about living a Christ-like life.
4 comments:
Thank you for this post. I too am often the eye-rolling, disapproving, fist-shaking grouch in regards to the kids today. I love being reminded by experiences, my own or others that there are truly many choice spirits blessign our world today!
I hope and pray every day that my young children join the ranks of this valiant Army of God as they grow into young women and young man.
Also - thanks for the sweetest things anyone has ever said about me in your award post!!
Beautiful post, it is always so nice to find a post with the same teachings as I believe. Have I mentioned that you are just too cute?!
Oh p.s. send me your address at krumpmama@aol.com for your pay it forward gift I get to send. SO excited!
OH!!! you guys are so sweet!!! That was actually my sweet husband who posted this!! He is in the Sunday School Presidency for our stake, so we got do go do lots of visits the last couple of months. But you're right - he is just too cute!!!
Post a Comment