Monday, January 25, 2010

YUM!

Okay so I ate...not great this weekend. Bad I know. AND I realized I can add. I've only lost 11 lbs. But I'm still totally thrilled with that number. Maybe I'll hit 15 next week. ANYWAY!!! Back to the yumminess that I consumed (In moderation) this weekend.

The Macaroons were an experiment.

I like macaroons.

A lot.

And this place that used to be open by us, Motu's, made the most AMAZING Macaroons. Seriously. They were BIG! And Moist! And Chewy! And dipped in Chocolate!!

Loved them!!!!

But they closed.

Stupid economic crash!! Letting go...So I wanted to try and make some like theirs. I could not find their recipe ANYWAY , but I did find something that sounded close RIGHT HERE. I thought they were too sweet, but three other people didn't think so. You decide. it has flour in the recipe, so they bake out more like disks instead of tepees like most macaroons. I used just a standard Ganache to dip them in. Pretty good!!

NEXT I made Cupcakes for a guy at work who seriously saved the day last Friday. Totally appreciated him!! So I made those Pumpkin Cupcakes. No fail. Always amazing. Love them. This is where I had to really watch myself, because I could eat those all day. Seriously.

LASTLY I made THIS. I've been wanting to make it for...well since I saw how cute it was with the dark brown cake and bright green frosting, and I have to say I was TOTALLY curious if this would actually work, and be edible. IT WAS!! It totally was!! You can't taste the avocado in the cake at all. It's a dense and moist cake - super good - great flavor. Loved. The frosting was good. I liked it. It paired well with the chocolate cake. You can really taste the avocados though. It's not your typical butter cream...but that should make sense since it contains no butter. The fat in both the frosting and the cake come from the avocados. Anyway - the frosting is not something I could have all the time. It's just not...frosting-y. I do like it though and it has a great summer taste. All in all it was pretty fabulous!!!

Weirdest part about these treats....I had no reason to make them....and plenty of reasons not to. But I did anyway and they turned out so good. It made up for the murder of a work out I had on saturday morning.

Thought. I. Was. Going. To. Die.

But I didn't, and I am still living to complain about it - lucky you!!

Hope you all had as great of a weekend as I did!!

1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

Thanks friend! I know what I'm making this weekend!