Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gym equals guilt

True.

Now don't get me wrong - I like the gym. I enjoy going. I love how I feel after I've gone. I love the numbers on the scale going down too. Good things.

I had a training session on Saturday. According to their records I've lost 5lbs since the second week of January (according to mine I've lost more 15 since the 1st week of the year - yeah me!) and I lost 2 inches off my waist, and one off my hips and 1/2 off my bust. BUT - I have not reduced my body fat percentage, so they tell me. Which means I lost 5 lbs of muscle mass. hmmm...I'm new, so I'm not totally freaked out about this, but I'm not totally in love with it either. So she tells me 5 times a week at the gym and do both strength training and cardio every time.

I would be there for almost 2 full hours. That's LONG!

And those weight machines...Heavy.

Just so you know.

Anyway - back to the title of the post. I have a life. I have friends (I pay most of them). I have a husband whom I really like and enjoy spending time with.

Monday - I came home and I was not feeling well, so I debated for probably two solid hours on weather to puch myself to go to the gym. I decided against it, so I was going to go Tuesday. LONG story short I was too busy to get there. Yesterday...totally exhausted. I couldn't make it. Tonight we are going to the Temple. No time tonight either. So much guilt.

Here's what's frustrating me. I eat well. Seriously. I don't eat perfectly, but I eat well. I watch my (WW) points every day. I only eat when I'm hungry, but I've gotten to the point I'm snacking during the day, and eating less at meals. apparently like I'm supposed to?! I don't over eat. I have breakfast. I eat before the gym. And I've changed to a lot of low cal low fat and whole foods. I'm really careful about what I'm putting into my body these days. I'm seeing results. I feel good. I may not make it to the gym every day, but I'm making major progress towards my goals.

So why do I feel guilty when life doesn't allow for Gym time?? Why do I stress and stew over it all night if I don't go? Why do I feel like I have to count every stinking calorie I take in because then I can map it out to a science on what I need to burn even though how I'm doing it now makes me happy, and is working!!! I'm frustrated. And I'm guilty. Because I will be lucky if I make it to the gym twice this week.

K. I feel better. Thanks for listening.

We're going to the Temple tonight and We're fasting today for our move to Utah. More specifically for the opportunity to move to Utah to finally present itself. We're ready. We're willing. We're prepared. We just need the Job. Please - if you wouldn't mind...send a prayer out for us, or a thought, or anything. We need to have this happen soon. Thanks!!

9 comments:

Macey said...

Alright, sent a prayer for you!!
It sounds like you are doing great though with the weight loss and exercize...keep it up, pretty soon you will get the results that you are hoping for!

Macey said...

BTW: Did you change the font of your titles and stuff? CUTE!

Jenn said...

just reading this post made me feel guilty. sigh. No exercise for me...just hours of lost watching :)

Brittany Ann said...

Praying for you...and as for the body-at percentage...how are they taking that measurement? In fact, BMI is not a great indicator of fitness level and body health, though the gym will not tell you that, because it's the cheapest, easiest way for them to do it. In fact, though, BMI does NOT take into account genetic differences and builds, which means it's not very accurate for MOSt women.

Katie and Howard said...

I completely understand!!! And feel the same way about the gym!!
I'm sending prayers your way...not that we want you gone, but we want you to be happy and have what's best for you! :)

Jocelyn said...

I totally understand...I haven't worked out in 3 days and feel horrible. But hey, if you are seeing the numbers go down, you are doing something right. I don't know that I would put in 2 hrs at the gym each day...i usually do 1 and do cardio and weights.

Ben and Dena said...

yes, I am dying for you to move to Utah! It's in the prayers! love you

the princess said...

selfishly, i totally want you to stay here forever and ever and be near me so i can call you and have you come over as often as i want. lol. hahahaha.

but truly, i want you to be able to go to utah. i LOVE you, girl! you are in my prayers always. i hope it happens soon. *HUGS*

the princess said...

oh - and sare ... do NOT lift weights every day. you need to let your muscles relax and regrow. ok - i have a tried and true workout routine that doesn't take TWO HOURS at the gym. it's called the big six ... i got it from school and it's fabulous. that's how i got to be able to leg press over 200 lbs for 3 sets, 10 reps each set.

cardio helps burn fat a lot ... change it up, tho. don't just 'walk'. change the pace, do intervals, or get the incline increased!