For the best guilt free desert...or guilt-less (meaning less than normal, but does not require no guilt...which would have been a repetition of what I just typed)....or totally amazing but chuck full of guilt desert. But it must be amazing, and totally worth the guilt I will then have to live through.
See....It's a funny story. We watch LOST every Tuesday. Previously known as Naked TV night. But it no longer is. Because we go to church with these people. AWKWARD!!!
And we do FHE with them before LOST. And we have dinner with them before LOST. And we have desert with them sometime during LOST.
It's fun.
The first week she brought apples and caramel dip. so simple. yet SO DELICIOUS.
So the next week I found THIS. I know right? wow. It tastes better then it sounds people. true. Try it. love it. let me know when you make it so I can come over. yum.
AND it was guilt-less (see above)!!!
SO GOOD.
So she shows up on Tuesday with 2 funfetti cookies with delicious vanilla ice cream crammed in between them. What did she do?
Threw down her gauntlet.
Kicked it up a notch.
Beat me at my own game.
Because, you see...I rock deserts.
I rock them hard.
I make pretty cakes requiring me to buy lemon extract and marshmallow fluff. I make pies with homemade crusts (but remind me to tell you about the terrible pumpkin pudding pie incident one day - BAD!). I make homemade Oreos, and Vegan Chocolate Avocado Cake people (if you haven't tried it yet - do it!). I can't cook for the life of me, but I.CAN.BAKE.
And there is the problem. Now...don't get me wrong here!!!! I'm not competitive. Seriously. stop laughing. I'm not. I just LOATH losing more then any other experience I've ever had to endure!!!!! But I wouldn't call that competitive. Because I'm not.
But I do feel the need...not even the need...more like a nudge in the direction of one up-ment.
This is where you come in.
Submit them. Email them (mrs hreebs at g mail dot com - LOVE emails!!) leave the recipe in a comment. Put it on your blog and leave the link in a comment. Don't care. just need the help.
THIS is what I'm thinking for this week....Pretty sure it will fall under the "totally amazing but chuck full of guilt desert" category.
4 comments:
You had me at marshmallow fluff...drool.
Srsly, vegan chocolate avocado?? Weird!
Okay, so...I'm just throwin' out a suggestion here...but I have an idea...like next time we come to AZ to visit the fam...maybe, you wouldn't care if I came and had a dessert day with you?? LOL!
I'm pretty sure I would LOVE that!!!!!
Hey...if you too party without me, I will seriously pout.
Just sayin'.
I will come up with something fabulous and email it to you!
Oh man! You can win this war, sister!
However, I'm worthless. I'm an excellent cook. But a horrible baker.
But I'm cheering you on!
Post a Comment