Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Leather? Really?

Yeah...Its that time again...Our Anniversary...

Don't get me wrong!! I love Jeremy with all my heart, and I love that I get to be his forever, and I love the life were building together. The whole thing - love it!

But the anniversary gift thing...not much love for it this year. You would think the longer you're with someone the easier it would be to get them something they will love and appreciate. And it is - if I'm picking up a surprise for him while I'm out shopping or picking up dinner...but anniversaries are BIG in our family - they are bigger than Christmas (since we don't give each other gifts for Christmas). So it's a lot of pressure.

Of course I want to be mushy, but I think he would appreciate something techy more...and really - function over form - it makes more sense. But the traditional (not that I'm all that traditional) gift for 3 years is leather. Leather? Really? hmm...lame-o!! And if I get him a new camera...I'll end up using it more than he will and that's pretty lametastic too. Same with something for him to cook with (he does all the cooking)...he cooks for me, so that's like saying "hey handsome - I love you! thank you for the last three years of bliss!! Now, what's for dinner??" I have another word for that whole scenario but since this is a family show I won't say it.

I'm surfing tech sites and geeky blogs and I'm drawing a total blank! Oh did I mention we're saving money right now for some pretty major stuff that's coming up so I can't spend a whole lot? Kill me.

What do you guys do for anniversaries??

7 comments:

Ian & Cassie said...

Hey Sarah,

We don't do gifts instead we always plan a trip. We go somewhere together and spend a whole weekend away from everyone to just have fun with eachother. If you are saving money try some place close.. Sedona if very pretty if you haven't been there... or the grandcanyon...let me know if you need more ideas.. I love going places and know of a lot of cool ones.

Macey said...

I'm with Ian & Cassie.
OR, get him a leather cover for some techy thing you'll buy him in the future. LOL

Sare said...

oooooohh...I like that Cas!! and I like the IOU for something cool in the future...hmmm

Katie and Howard said...

We're doing a trip this year for our anniversary! Trip idea is way fun. and AZ has alot of quirky places to stay! I recently heard of a place in Prescott I want to visit. -let me see if I can remember what it was...

Ben and Dena said...

Yeah, sorry- you're the genius on anniversary ideas! This is the first year we're doing anything! I like the trip idea. If he wants function, you could always get him a leather belt.... :)

Jiggle Johnson said...

So Ethen and I decided not to get gifts for each other. We thought maybe instead we would get ourselves a gift. Since an anniversary is celebrating "us" then we thought we would get "us" something. Some ideas we had were a trip, board games, things we want that we can both us and play with. The cool part is that your budget for the gift doubles. We usually have a budget of $50-$100 for one another. Now we have $100-$200 because we combined it! It works for us and it takes the presure off Ethen since he never knows what to get me. If I have any ideas for you I will let you know!
Love ya xoxo

Brittany Ann said...

I'm the worst at stuff like this. I give horrible gifts to Patrick. But I promise to think on it!