Sunday, July 25, 2010

boo...frown.

So...remember our dog Libby? We got her in Mid-April, when things were really tough around here. The last month or so we have started to worry that we weren't giving her the attention she needed...That was confirmed on night when she stayed up all night long. Not kidding. Jeremy couldn't be more than a few feet from her or she would start barking and crying. It happened again the next night too. And the next night. I'll admit to having a slight break-down-freak-out at 3 am once.

Well we started talking about it and decided maybe with two working adults and a very social dog who needs people around we weren't as ready as we thought to have her in our home. We told his mom and she sent out emails to the people she works with and Friday night we had a very interested couple contact us and ask to meet her the next day. We got it all set up and met them and let them get to know Libby a little bit. They are an older couple, with grown children and elementary age grandchildren. He works at night and she works 3 days a week. They ADORED her, and Libby really seemed to like them. We sent them home with her yesterday at about 315.

I'm sad to not have her here anymore, and I miss her cute little face looking up at me. I am sad that after she helped us through something that was really hard, that we couldn't give her what she needed. I know they are going to spoil her though, and I know she will be loved, and I know she went to a go home where she won't be hurt in any way ever! I'm just sad that I failed her.

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

You didn't fail her! You made a wonderful life choice for her! There are lots of dogs that will be a better fit for you! Trust me! You'll know when you find the right one! Something older and more low-key, perhaps?

Macey said...

No, the only way you would have failed her is if you KEPT her and she stayed miserable. :( I'm sorry you had to give her away though.

Jewel said...

I agree with the last two commenters. And you helped her when she needed you, too. So it works out!

Ben and Dena said...

Oh Sare- I'm sorry you had to give her up. That is so hard. Proud though that you did what you knew would be best for her- that is so hard to do!

Ian & Cassie said...

Oh, hun you didn't fail her. You gave her a chance and that is all she could ask for. There is a perfect dog out there for you... just give it time.