Monday, September 20, 2010

I got Tagged...

First - I got tagged....I adore Brittany. Go check her out - you won't be disappointed!!

1. If there is one moment in your life you would "do-over," what would it be?

When I was young I thought the world was black and white (which I have come to know it still is) but I thought since I was "living right" I had the ability and sadly, the duty to judge what was right and wrong. I am not proud of this. I have learned so much since those days. I alienated several family members and one dear friend in the course of me growing up in this area of my life. I'm mortified to share this, as I am not proud of that person at all. I was young and so stupid. Thankfully, I have been able to mend bridges with my family, and to apologize, and prove how I've changed. But my friend...we don't see each other. We haven't talked in years. I have been wanting to somehow make up for how I hurt her for almost 10 years now. It's something I carry with me every day. I would give anything to go back and "do-over" that night. She is a bright, and bubbly person with a smile and laugh that could melt the north pole. And I was judgmental, and cruel. It breaks my heart just thinking about the pain I may have caused. I don't know if she ever thinks about it, but I do. It is my biggest and heaviest regret. She deserved a better friend.

2. What's your signature dish, i.e., what's your go-to meal that you make like no one else?
This isn't a meal...because I don't really cook, but - my Grandma made bread like no body else in the world. I used to spend a lot of time with her as a child, and she (miraculously) passed a bit of her skill for baking on to me. The whole family has her bread recipe, but for some unknown reason I am the only one who can turn it out like Grandma did. It's a source of pride for me. A link that I have with that great woman. Something that makes me like her in a small way. She was a great woman, and I am honored to be her granddaughter. Baking bread with Grandma... good times.

3. Would you want to be able to read minds? Why or why not?
Nope. My thoughts get too jumbled all by themselves...I don't need to have to sort out other people's thoughts too.

4. What item of clothing flatters you most?
I'm proud to announce that I bought a pair of jeans on Saturday in a size I have not been able to wear since I was a Freshman in College!!! I am MOST proud of this, because or most people they want to be where they were in High School...not me. I lost a lot of weight my freshman year of college...mostly due to a very balanced diet of pop tarts and mac and cheese... and I've been gaining ever since. I am very happy to have worn those jeans most of the weekend and felt GREAT in them! And of course Jeans so best with a simple T-Shirt... Mine is gray.

5. What do you enjoy doing most when you're home alone?
Hmmm....Reading books or blogs is always a nice way to kill a little time... If I have a lot of time - I will craft, and I so enjoy making that big a mess without feeling guilty for wrecking the living room, because - I'm the only one there, so who cares?!! WHICH by the way - I am putting together some DANG cute Halloween stuff for my Giveaway!

6. If you could pick a different accent to have, what would it be, and why?
I would want to have an Australian accent. I know everyone thinks it's awesome, so everyone would probably say that, but...It is. It is AWESOME. I could listen to an Australian read the phone book and love ever minute!!

7. How do you keep up-to-date on current events?
Ummm...I kinda don't. I did for a long time. I would read CNN every day, - All day! And then I started noticing my mood was changing, and I was always tense and twitchy...I stopped, and I've felt more calm and focused on what I can control - things around me - my life - my family direction. It's helped me a great deal to be more centered and prepared for what I know is coming for us. I will check MSN, and our local on line paper occasionally, but it's infrequent at best. I'm terrible - I know.

8. If you could have any other job but the one you have, what would it be?
Britt knows this answer already and understands the desire behind it better than most, but I would be a Mom. It's what I want more than anything in this world. To carry a child to term and be able to feel it inside me - living and growing, and to bring it home and teach it all the good things I know and share with it all the wonderful things I've been given. That is the world's best job in my mind.

Now I will tag......
Jannet at McVey Menagerie
Vanessa at The Booth Team
Xazmin at This is the Year
Kristy at Brady and Kristy
Dena at the Douglass Family
Cassie at Two Kids at Heart
Jewel at Life Comes at You Fast
Katie at Truly Madly Deeply

Your 8 Questions are:
What is your favorite TV show?
When were are you the most happy?
What is the moment when you were the most proud of yourself?
If you could be anywhere right now where would it be?
What is your favorite Holiday?
What do you love most about being married?
What are you looking forward to?
What does a perfect Saturday look like for you?

*****************************************************************************
Second -I wanted to tell you about my weekend too...It was GREAT!

Friday night we were supposed to go out with friend but had to reschedule it for Saturday, so we went home - got Chipotle, and watched Father Goose. It's an old classic movie with Carry Grant in it...and it's SO GOOD!! So funny!! And totally Heart Warming!! I love those kinds of movies - SO predictable.

Saturday I got up and went to buy some new jeans (YEAH!!!!!), and then I went and helped clean our Church house. I love service! then we went grocery shopping. By the way - for those of us who hate Walmart...Walmart markets are AMAZING!! It feels nothing like a Walmart. If you have one close - check it out.

Then we took a nap. hehehe I love Saturday naps! This was really nice since this is one of the last Saturdays we will have time for a nap for more than a month....October is BUSY. Then we went craft shopping. I'm so excited to get started on stuff!!!

That night we went out with two of our good friends for Jer's Birthday. So much fun! I just love hanging out with friends!! Then we went back to their place to watch a movie...Which we need to finish, because the guys had to go set up chairs for a special meeting for Church the next day.

Sunday was incredible!! Elder Robert D. Hales from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came to do a training in our area on Saturday, and He chose our stake to have a special stake Conference with. It was INCREDIBLE!! To be in the same room with one of the Lord's Chosen Apostles, and hear hims talk to us about what was on his mind...Amazing! I'm truly grateful and honored to have been present. He spoke on so many things, but a lot of the meeting was focused on staying positive and faithful through our trials. It's something I really needed. I'm so grateful for the words spoken and the spirit that was present. It was a day of healing for me. a reprieve from the storms I have felt so beat down by recently. It was really wonderful. The meeting ended by the Choir singing one of my favorite Hymns: I Need Thee Every Hour.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

That's my favorite part. It just rings so true.

Then we went to Jeremy Mom's for his Birthday Dinner. IT was so YUMMY! Karen made Chicken Fajitas with tons of grilled veggies...Oh How I love them!!!! They were seriously GOOD!

Then Grandma gave Jeremy his Birthday Present...Peach Cobbler. LOL.

After Dinner Karen mentioned again that she wanted to do something with the stuff she keeps on top of her Kitchen Cabinets. She's mentioned it before, and I have offered to help, but we've just never gotten around to it. So I started taking stuff down and we started cleaning it all off and putting it all back up while the guys played wii with Granddad. It was so much fun!! She has some really cool old things she keeps up there so I set them out so you can really see them, and AH! It was so fun!! And it looked so good!! It gave the kitchen such a fun feel. It was really FUN! Thanks again Karen for letting me take over your kitchen for two hours last night!!

It was a really nice weekend... Hope yours was too!!!

Have The Best Day!!

2 comments:

Macey said...

We sing that song in church all the time, it's one of my faves!! :)
Congrats on the new jeans!!! Awesome!!!

Brittany Ann said...

I'm so glad you played along! I loved your honest answers!