Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Day Is It?

My Mind knows it's Tuesday...And it knows that this is the 3rd short week in a row for me...But DANG! My body feels like it's Monday after working the last 9 days straight.

I'm feeling a little random right now...You can stop reading.

I sound picked on. I'm so not. We cleaned the house a little this weekend. Did some laundry. And that's about all. Seriously. We had a major Bones marathon. I never got into the show, but now that's its about to start it's 6th season - I'm hooked!! We just hung out and relaxed all weekend. The house looks so good right now.

Jer's mom just got a new sofa, so they are oh so kindly giving us their old sofa and chair and ottoman. I am excited but also kind of nervous. See, it's kind of this dusty sagey green. Our house is white walls and black furniture and red accents. Is it going to look to... MERRY CHRISTMAS?? I don't know. I figure if I find some black throw pillows and maybe some tan ones...it will work. Maybe. I may be looking for slip covers soon. But first we need to get our old sofa and love seat out of there. Wish us luck!

I go do another weigh in tonight...Maybe I will post some pictures tomorrow. I feel like I've gotten to the point that I can finally see some progress now. It's kind of nice. As of last Tuesday I was down a total of 49.4lbs. Kinda cool.

Jer doesn't want to do anything for his Birthday this year. I don't know why I find this sad...but I really do. I feel like Birthdays should be special days...even when you're older. You should get to feel special. Doing nothing is not so special. But it is what he wants to do...so I guess that's what we will do.

Do you ever wonder what people's lives are really like? I do. I know we all have trials and weakness, but sometimes it seems like we are the only ones with shortfalls. Sometimes I would like to see others' trials so I don't feel so picked on. Which is why I am going to be more real around here. instead of not showing up at all, I would like to be more open about myself. This is mostly selfish because I feel like I have had to pretend a lot the last while. Pretend that I'm okay. Pretend that things are good. Lots of pretending. I think I've probably said this before, but I am going to make a more serious effort now.

And to any of you still reading my random ramblings - thanks. I'm lucky to have you guys!

7 comments:

Macey said...

Kinda cool?! Girl 50 lbs is awesome! I can't wait until I get to that!! :)
And I think the sofa will look really nice...those colors look great together!

The Booth Family said...

You are amazing. I think everyone pretends.... at least I hope so!

Katie and Howard said...

49 pounds!? AMAZING!!! You are looking amazing as well! Congrats!

the princess said...

sare - i am so so stinkin' proud of you! i can't wait to see pics! from what i hear, you are GLOWING. i hope that's a pride glow- you deserve it!

i think everyone tends to pretend. or at least put on a "public" face. i'm learning not to. ugh!

LOVE YOU!!

Brittany Ann said...

I can't wait to see a pic of you! You've lost so much weight!

And here's to being real!

Jewel said...

I'm glad you're back. I've missed you. :)

Katrina Rasband said...

being honest with yourself and others is the only way to keep moving forward...i have learned this the not so easy way. congrats on making such a bold decision! love ya!