Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Friends make me happy!!

OUR WEEKEND WAS AWESOME!!!! Two of my best friends from High School came to visit us this weekend. We did ALL SORTS OF STUFF!!!!!

We went to the Mesa Temple (after Jer made an awesome breakfast) and walked around. There is a seriously beautiful display at the Visitors' Center for any of you who are in town here. Make some time to go see it! It's wonderful!!

Aren't we way cute??

The weekend kind of turned into us all doing things we have always wanted or have been to scared to doo....It was really fun to approach a weekend like this. It made for much randomness...

This is Jenn....She has always wanted to hug a cactus.... And now she has. She was very careful, but still got poked by the thing. Which honestly, isn't too surprising. HEHE

 Just wanted to show you this. Cause it's pretty!

This is Amy. Just so you know - it's her birthday tomorrow. She is afraid of Sushi...or...was. Okay maybe she still is. but she did try it! We started her out on Deep Fried California Rolls, and Avocado Rolls. Easy stuff...
It went well....
Really well!!!
Then we worked up to a Rainbow Roll.... I won't post a picture of how this one turned out....But it almost came back....that's all I will say. 

ANYWAY! She powered through - kept it down, and overall enjoyed the experience. It was REALLY fun!!
Then we found this.
Random. Awesome.
Little fact about Sarah...She doesn't clean out pumpkins. It's gross. And gooey. And I don't like it. So I make Jeremy clean them out so I can carve them. It's just one of those things that just...IS in our marriage. It's worked well so far. 

But since this was a weekend of facing stuff...I faced it.
I did the whole thing!!! ALL by myself!!! I'm so proud. But I will admit it was not the funnest thing ever. I had to use gloves and an apron.....And I still gagged once or twice.
It was totally worth it though!! LOOK!!!
Jenny's:
This is it with a flash...it was pretty awesome, but you can't see all the detail in the dark...
Amy's: I love those teeth!!!
Mine: I think it's cute...
Jeremy's: It's a UFC Fighter hitting the mat.... I know right?!!
We even went to the Candy company here in Glendale and went through their video tour...We got chocolate covered Jalapenos, and french silks, and caramels...oh my sake. If you haven't been...GO!! SO FUN!!!

It was so much fun! We ate a lot of food, and candy, and cookies....mostly a totally awesome weekend. THANKS GIRLS!!!! I'm so glad you came and I miss you already!!! Love you both!!!

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

So fun! And look at your tackling that pumpkin like a champ! You go girl!

Macey said...

You are adorable! How stinkin' tall are you???

The Hancocks said...

I'm totally jealous, except about the cactus, don't really have a desire to do that, but all the other stuff looks like fun.

The Booth Family said...

You and your pink gloves are too cute! haha!

Ian & Cassie said...

Your pumpkins look awesome you guys all have alot of talent!