In our Church the girls age 12-18 have the opportunity to work on something called Personal Progress. I talked about this before (but I can't find it, but if you're interested you can learn more here), so I won't go into too much detail. It's now been opened up to all women in the church, and I had decided that I wanted to go through this program again, but I never did anything with it. I figure now is a pretty good time for me to do it, because I need to grow in so many areas. I'm starting with Faith. I'm going to be focusing on Prayer for a while, and increasing my Faith through regular and meaningful communication with my Father in Heaven.I was taught a lot about this over the weekend, and I'm eager to keep it up.
Today I'm leaving you with a song...enjoy!
Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
that calls me from a world of care,
and bids me at my Father's throne
make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
my soul has often found relief,
and oft escaped the tempter's snare
by thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
Sweet hour of prayer!
sweet hour of prayer!
thy wings shall my petition bear
to him whose truth and faithfulness
engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since he bids me seek his face,
believe his word, and trust his grace,
I'll cast on him my every care,
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
Have The Best Day!!!
1 comment:
How interesting! I didn't know that they opened the YW program up for all the women in the church.
Post a Comment