We had our Stake (not steak) Conference this weekend. Saturday morning we went to the Temple, and then I went to see a girl who just had a baby and take her a gift, and Jer went to turn in our keys to our apartment, and then we went back to his mom's and tried to get organized there a bit. Then we had a nap.
But after our nap we went to the Adult Session of Conference. It was full of little spiritual Gems!! It was so just what I needed to hear...Be positive, Put first things first, and to Trust my Heavenly Father. We have a really young leadership in our area, and they all happen to be very funny men. One thing I learned this weekend was that I need to be able to laugh. Friday night was really hard...We finished up at the apartment and packed the car with the lat of our things, and left. It was hard for me to drive away. I felt lost and alone and really worried and sad. But as Jeremy and I went on a walk last night we were able to talk and to laugh and to just feel happy. Yeah, things could be going better for us. Yeah, we could have less stress in our voices. Yeah, sure. But, we also have a strong and happy marriage. I know he loves me no matter how much I need to cry. I know I will love him no matter how many little computer parts he takes out of his pocket every day and leaves on my bookshelf. We have each other - Forever. We have our Faith and our Families. We will get through this, and hopefully we will be able to laugh and smile through it all.
Yesterday we got to hear the Prophet Thomas S. Monson speak to us, and it was so good to be reminded, yet again, how important it is to be looking for the lost ones around us. Those who's hands hang down. Those who need strengthened. It was such a good reminder!!
I was listening to a talk again this morning by one of my favorite Apostles, and he said "Sometimes it is in the waiting, and not the receiving, that we grow the most". I don't know that it true, but I hope it is. For all of the people out in the world waiting for jobs, and marriage, and peace, and forgiveness, and love, and children, and relief, and a million other things...I hope that is true for all of us.
Today I'm thankful for a good Family. I had a quick chat with my sister in law the other day, And I talked to my Brother last week, and Saturday I got to talk to my older sister, and today I am just grateful for a family who loves me, and whom I get to love.My sister in law also set up the name drawing for Christmas the other night. That was a HUGE SERVICE to me. I'm so glad she would take care of it!! And I'm SO excited to plan a family gift for my Brother and his adorable Family!!! YEAH for Christmas!!!
Have the Best Day!!
2 comments:
You are so awesome, friend. So enlightening for me.
I love to hear how positive you are about things. When I'm having a hard time I just dwell on it, I don't look for the good that will come of it. I hope that I will someday be able to get where you are and find happiness through my trials. Also, I'm glad you got to hear stake conference, I will admit that I didn't get much out of it while standing out it the hall with my children. Sometimes I wonder why I go to church. just kidding... hey let me know when you are free to get together again.
Post a Comment