Wednesday, November 3, 2010

it's only wednesday?

it's one of those weeks where i am totally drained, and exhausted. hence - no capitals. and possibly very incorrect grammar. luck you.

it's my "nieces" birthday today!!! she's my best friend's second daughter, and she is stinkin cute!!! happy birthday sweetheart!!!!!

i just can't think of any witty stories for you today. sorry.

thanks-giving:
yesterday while standing in line to cast my vote i saw this lady with a probably 6 or 7 yr old boy, and a baby in a stroller. just the baby was in the stroller...not the 7 yr old too. anyways - the baby knocked her bottle off and it fell to the floor. there was a guy standing right behind them. he looked like he probably worked construction - big boots - dirty jeans - a t shirt with the sleeves cut off that i'm pretty sure had blood on it. the mom was talking to her son and didn't notice what happened. this construction guy bends over and picks it up and hands it back to the baby. i'm not sure if the mom even saw it - she didn't say anything to him. but i saw. even though it was small thing - would hardly have changed the course of the world - i was glad i was there to see it. in most things in life i feel like it's thee small things that really matter - a marriage - at work - in our personal relationship with God (he deserved a capital) - the little things are what get us ready to do the big things. so thank you construction worker man!!!

today i'm grateful to be live in a free land. i know this is a choice and promised land for the righteous. i'm grateful that i'm able to speak my mind and have the opportunity to vote for who i hope will be righteous leaders. i'm grateful to be free.

have the best day!

5 comments:

Ben and Dena said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Aunt Sarah!!! I still need you to come meet me soon!!! -Ellie

The Hancocks said...

Hey, I know how you feel about it only being Wednesday, but I have something to look forward to this weekend. I get Saturday all to myself. I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but it's going to be epic.

Macey said...

Great post! I'm grateful for freedom too... : )

Mamarazzi said...

this week is flying by for me...so weird.

love the story...life.

Jeremy said...

Time to change the contacts - I had to do a double take at "luck you" (;[)}