Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mrs. Clean

Jeremy's Bald. Totally by choice. If he let his hair grow, it would be thick and curly. He has found, however; that he does not enjoy looking like a toddler...so he has a beard and shaves his head. That is Jeremy.

I have been a bit worried as of late though that I will be joining the ranks of the bald brotherhood. For reals. Every time I wash my hair, I lose GLOBS of it. It sheds all day long and there are strands everywhere!! This was highlighted this week while moving...It was stuck to taped boxes. It was mushed into carpets, and rugs. It was in drawers and cupboards and clinging to towels. It was everywhere.

Today, still being worried about the amount of hair I lost this weekend alone, I googled. And guess what?!?! I found that it's totally normal to lose a lot of hair (especially for people with fine hair like mine) in the fall - mostly in November and December.

I'm SO HAPPY that I won't be BALD come spring!!!

Today I'm THANKful  for CokeZero. Anyone who knows me knows how sincerely I mean it when I say :it saves lives. It totally saved a few lives yesterday. I drink Coke because I care. You're welcome.

Service....service......the coke guy filled our machine at work last week? No? You don't think that counts either? Hmmm....In that case.... I'm so impressed with the women I serve in my calling with. I don't talk about it much here because my other calling has been taking so much of my time recently, but I also serve on the Relief Society Meeting Committee. I will be really honest here...I don't always love it. Sometimes I hate it. But since I was kind of put in my place by the chairperson one day, I love it. She is phenomenal - seriously one of the best people to serve under - EVER! I'm grateful for her service and commitment in her calling. I'm really grateful for her willingness o teach me through the spirit to remember why I am a member of this church and why I say yes to serving at all. She's incredible.

We're planning out Christmas Meeting, and thanks to Xazmin it's going to be WONDERFUL!!! I don't want to talk about it here, because if anyone I go to church with reads this - I kind of want to keep it quiet for them...It's going to be....awesome though!!! anyway - Another of the members of the committee sent us the drafts of the invite yesterday...yeah she's moving and dealing with a lot of pretty difficult stuff right now. her husband is the Elders Quorum President, and has a very demanding job, and she found the time to put together the most perfect invitation I've ever seen!!!

I listened to a conference talk this week that basically said it's people who serve that make it possible for people to lead. That's so not a quote, but it's what I took out of it. Gotta love Elder Holland!!

Have the Best Day!!

1 comment:

Macey said...

Oh thank goodness! I have fine hair and losing a lot lately, I've been worried! And too skeered to google it! lol