As a Christian, I feel very strongly that my mission on Earth is to simply Bring Souls to Christ. I feel strongly that it does not mean I am to bring every person I know to be baptized into my religion. I also feel strongly that it does mean that I should show my love for my Savior and his love for all of us as often as I can, and maybe through that every person I know will be able to find the Path to their Heavenly Father, and come more fully unto him.
I'm truly terrible at this. Ask anyone I work with. I'm too short with my words, and I'm not kind enough, and so many other things I will probably always need to be working on.
But I am trying through little things and ways to be more in tune with the Spirit and to be ready, and more importantly willing, to heed the promptings I am given throughout my day. I have been listening to conferences on my drives (by the way I was only 15 minutes early the other day! SWEET!), and I have been trying to keep a prayer in my heart all day, I have been trying not to find fault with people (which I do WAY to often!), I have been trying really heard to find joy in the service I give to others.
I wonder if that's enough though. Does one small(ish) person's small actions have a lasting effect on people's lives? Does me trying to be more caring change how people view themselves and their Savior? Will me trying to keep the spirit with me help the hypothetical you find solace and eternal love in their Father above's arms? I don't know. Sometimes I feel so small and unimportant. As just one person I don't know that I can do that much. In contrast though, I think a group of loving caring people who are striving for the same things can change the world even a small group.
So for my Thanks-Giving and service session today I want to extend a challenge to each of the three of you who are reading this. I am hoping you will participate. It's easy. Spend some time today looking around you for someone you can serve. Someone you can smile at who really looks like they need it. Try to share some of the beautiful light you have inside you with someone else today. Then...PLEASE come back and tell me about it. I really want to hear it!!! I have not shame so consider this me begging you...
Have The Best Day!!!
And congrats to S & J who welcomed a new baby boy to their family yesterday!!!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!!!
2 comments:
Yes, it's very important, even the little things you do. Because seeing even the smallest things can bring people to Christ. Which is the ultimate goal of a Christian!
Of course you are amazing at sharing your testimony. You have one of the most beautiful hearts I know!
I will do this tomorrow! Promise!
Post a Comment