Monday, November 29, 2010

Real Life Sucks

My alarm went off at 530. Not totally uncommon, but after 4 days of getting up whenever the H I felt like it...this was rough.

But today I'm thankful for getting to hang out with old friends last night. Don't you love friends that no matter how long it's been since you've seen them you can all just pick right up again?! I do. Sigh. Good times.

Service......Okay - obviously last week was really tough for me. I spent a lot of time thinking and crying, but by yesterday I was feeling pretty good. Then we got to Church and there was a baby blessing. I feel terrible for saying this, but I saw that beautiful baby all dressed in white and all the family coming in to share in this cute couples joy...I welled up. I cried. I sobbed. Then we left. Before the meeting even started. I'm a horrible person, but I don't want you to think I was angry at them. I was NOT. I would NEVER be angry at someone who is able to have the same things I want so badly. Never. But I was sad. I was supposed to have a baby last week. I was supposed to be planning a baby blessing, and having our family come and support us. I was sad. And emotional. Holy smokes was I emotional. Anyway - We left and we had three close friends text us to check on us later in the day. Three. I was touched. We have great friends and I'm so grateful for them and all that they do for us.

Also - CONGRATS to my good friends K&B who welcomed a BEAUTIFUL Baby Girl on Saturday night!!!

Have the Best Day!!

2 comments:

Macey said...

I cry at baby things all the time. Whenever we have something at church I bawl. So don't feel bad.
Also. 5:30 is just wrong.

Brittany Ann said...

I cried during the Mother's and Father's Day blessings this year, too. I just couldn't take it. I am praying so hard that your sweet one is coming to stay here with you all soon!