Monday, July 18, 2011

WHEW! What a week!!

I have a car.

It's a small, light silver car.

People don't always see it.

Therefore People HIT it...kind of a lot. Seriously. I've had the car for 5 years and It's been hit 4 times. FOUR! I literally have one corner of the car that has not been hit. Yeah. I've been skittish about driving for a long time now, and these little accidents do not help.

Thankfully everyone was okay - no injuries at all. But my car is going back to the shop this week. Boo. But I get a rental. Yeah. I don't know how long I'll be without my car (which because I work so far from home is kinda where I live during the week), but I'm excited for it to get fixed.

Needless to say that on top for the wreck, We both ad tough weeks at work - between huge projects for Jeremy, and Me getting kinda thrown under the bus - we needed a relaxing weekend. So what did we do?

Laundry. And it was AWESOME!! We did all of that laundry that kinda gets pushed off during our busy and crazy weeks until we don't have anymore clean sheets or dish towels, and I go crazy and insist that it all gets done TO-DAY!. Ahhh...living in apartments with no W/D of our own...the joys. Changing SOON!!!

This post really has no direction...are you feeling that? Me too.

Wanna talk about the house? Can I tell you that I can't wait?!! not only for all access to our own washer and dryer, but for the PAINTING!!!! SQUEE!!! I can't wait! Some people move into a house and they want to live in it for a while. Get a feel of it. Really take some time and decide what they want to do for the paint. I thought I would be like that too. Turns out I'm not. Not at all. I picked the last colors for the last room (including bathrooms) this weekend. Oh there is so much COLOR!!! I'm SO EXCITED about it!!! Sigh...I can't wait!

Wanna know what else I'm looking forward to?? Grass. Yep! We don't have any right now.  And most AZ houses are zero-scaped simple because its tough to grow things in 118 degrees - just ask my basil plants). for those of you who don't know (because I didn't) Zero-Scape is basically where you make a "yard" out of rocks, and maybe some cacti. Yes, I know it's technically called Xeriscaping. I don't care. It's Zero. As in Nothing special. As in No grass or real vegetation. Zero = Yuck. I'm a Utah Girl. Give me GRASS or give me death. okay I don't take it that seriously, but...almost. So what did my adorable Hubby give me for our Anniversary?? You guessed it...Grass seed!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!! CAN'T.HARDLY.WAIT!!!

Three weeks....We should be closing three weeks from today. So far everything looks like it's ahead of schedule. So that's nice. Oh I just can't wait!!!!

Yeah I know I really didn't get to a point there...sorry. Maybe I'll have a point next time, but don't count on it.

4 comments:

Macey said...

Dude, when I move into a new home, I HAVE to paint before we move in. I mean, we might move boxes in but start painting first and then by the time it's dry we move all the way in. :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh you are going to have so much fun painting! It is my most favorite thing to do to a new home. Well, I say painting, but really I just pick out the colors and my hubby does the actual painting. I can't wait to see all the colors you are going with:-)

Jolene said...

You have to take lots of before pictures!!! And I can't wait to see everything! And Yay for grass!!

Ben and Dena said...

Lovin the updates Sare!!!! I can't WAIT for the three weeks to go by! I need to see these colors!!!