Friday, September 2, 2011

How do you?

How do you guys learn things? I'm a student of Google University. I Google EVERYTHING!! For reals. And Pinterest has mad a huge contribution to my knowledge base recently. I'm also a trial and error kind of girl.If I want to try something I will usually research it a bit an then dive in. If it doesn't work I'll figure out what does.

Like painting. I have painted before. But not my own house. And not all by myself.

But I'm doing it. I started the other night by taping off half the room. Then last night I dove in. I primed almost half the entire living room with the gray primer I got at the Depot. The paint guy there was so flippin helpful!! Seriously - he was a rock star.


Anyway! I got all the stuff out last night - and I poured the primer all by myself. And I had the carpets covered. And I had my edges taped. And I went for it.

Can I just say - EVERY house needs some depth. Some contrast. The entire house was this terrible light cream color. The trim - the walls the doors - everything! By the time I finished last night it looked a thousand times better!! Just a fresh coat of something helped so much!! I can't wait to finish and show you guys!!

But back to the things I don't know...Does anyone know how to get paint splatter off of your arms?? I'm all speckly...

5 comments:

Macey said...

Lots of hot water and scrubbing! Helps if you have some nails.
I WANT PICTURES!

Unknown said...

Chlorine water helped get it off my skin when we painted the dresser

Jocelyn said...

Google is my best friend for realsies! I google anything I need to know and voila there it is:-) And don't get me started on pinterest...serious time waster for me. I am hopelessly addicted! As for the paint speckles...lots of scrubbing. Can't wait to see pics!

Jenn said...

I am SO happy and excited for you guys to have your own house!! And also SUPER excited to see it! Love your guts!

Laryssa said...

Need to see this house! Good work on digging in and getting it done! (I am not a fan of painting and would never attempt such by myself!)