Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snow Sprinkle

When I finally admitted to myself that I would probably not have biological children I had to reconcile myself to a lot of other things too. Most of it is silly stuff, but some of it I still struggle with if I think about it for too long. In choosing to do foster care I figured that I probably would not get to have a baby shower. It seems a little crazy, right?! I mean who has ever heard of a Foster Shower?
I have now! My Best Friend and my wonderful Mother-in-law threw me a "Snow Sprinkle" in December. I was so overwhelmed. I was excited, and nervous, and happy with a dash of awkward thrown in (I mean showers are for pregnant women right?!). But it was incredible. Beautiful, with delicious food, and the best friends in the entire world!! I was given so much support and love an encouragement during that few hours, so I am so grateful for the people who hosted, planned, and attended for giving me that experience when I thought I had lost the chance to have it. There just are not words for how grateful I am to every single person involved.
Now. Let me show you how beautiful it was!!






I LOVE Fancy Glasses! Lisa knows me SO well!


Some of my wonderful friends...





I have the most gorgeous friends... 



Grandma came!


Seriously...They are all so pretty!! And the nicest people on the planet!!



Some of the gift shots...I'm so glad I'm not the only person who felt weird opening up presents with a room full of people watching... LOL!!

Books!!! LOVED all the books!!


And GAMES!! YEAH for kid games!!!



We were given so many toys and games for the kids. It all seriously made the room feel complete!!




I was really excited about the LaLa Loopsie Pillow - and I feel really proud that it's not  on my bed right now!

Jeremy loved the batman pillow!! Also not on our bed right now!

The Hostess - My fabulous Mother-in-Law. I realized just now though that I didn't get a shot of Lisa (well one, but it was blurry) since she was behind the camera all night... 


 Now for the BEAUTIFUL Decorations....

The Food was awesome!

Twinkle lights! I love love love twinkle lights!!

Lisa made hand-cut all the snowflakes...

And made the best hot cocoa I've ever had! With peppermint and white chocolate marshmallow stirrers. 

Karen (mil) made my favorites!! Her Pumpkin Rolls and Cherry Cheese Rolls are to die for!

White Chocolate Drizzled Rice Krispie treats...HEAVEN!

It was a completely perfect party!! Again - I'm so incredibly grateful for everyone who came, and a HUGE thanks to Lisa and Karen who worked so hard on this for us!!! You are all so wonderful!! Love you!!

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

What a fun, fun idea - a foster shower!

I love it, and everything turned out so beautiful and tasty looking!